Windows 10: "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file"

Discus and support "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been trying for the past 3 days to remove a file that I no longer wish for to be installed on my computer. However, when I attempt to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nonsont, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Nonsont Win User

"You need permissions from administrators to remove this file"

I have been trying for the past 3 days to remove a file that I no longer wish for to be installed on my computer. However, when I attempt to uninstall it, a message "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file" pops up on my screen, despite me being the only user on my computer. I have attempted third party uninstallation apps, and tried to use Command Prompt to uninstall, but to no avail. It is taking up quite a bit of disk space and would like it gone.

:)

Nonsont, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

"You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file"

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with copying files from expansion drive to the computer.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the issue specific with a file?
    • Did you tried copying the file to a different location?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Damaged files.
    I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 2: I cannot access, change, save, or delete files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

1. "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file" - Similar Threads - need permissions administrators

2. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Need administrator permission": I am the only user on my computer. It was purchased new and set up with only my information. Yet, I cannot do several functions including deleting/renaming certain folders because I am not the "administrator."...
  3. "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file": I have been trying for the past 3 days to remove a file that I no longer wish for to be installed on my computer. However, when I attempt to uninstall it, a message "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file" pops up on my screen, despite me being the only...
  4. Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop: I am unable to download anything directly on the desktop. Whenever I try to rename or delete any file from the desktop, it shows Destination folder access denied Attached is its screenshot. I think there is some kind of administrator lock on the desktop. Please help!!!...
  5. Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.: I dont know why these administrator permissions exist but anyway, I tried to delete some files in a program and it wouldnt let me because I need permissions from the administrator, someone please help!...
  6. "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

"You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": When I try to delete files, I get the following message: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file." I click on continue then get the message: "You require permission from xxxx\yyyyy to make changes to this file." I am the only user and...
  7. Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove...: and then it just gives me the option of "try again" and it's an endless loop. This is my computer with no other accounts, and I am the administrator. This doesn't happen for everything, but with certain things, randomly, I seem to run into this problem when trying to delete...
  8. Administrator permission needed to delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permission needed to delete file: I am the administrator I am trying to delete a file, and it says I need administrator permission to delete the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-needed-to-delete-file/eefb5972-37ec-455e-9ed5-ee37c18ce6ba
  9. You need administrator permission to move to this folder

You need administrator permission to move to this folder: Hello, Just a bit ago I was trying to move some stuff from a .zip file to a folder, but when I did so, a message box came up saying: You need Administrator permissions to move to this folder. And the two options are Try again or Cancel, if I click try again the same thing...
  10. Need Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Administrator Permission: I'm trying to replace calc.exe in the System 32 folder with a version from XP, but keep getting a notice that I don't have permission. I'm in as the Administrator, what more do I need to do? Thanks! 46100