Windows 10: You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ...

Discus and support You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I believe this is quite common, but via Google, I can't enable any of the suggestions. This window "You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mageddie, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Mageddie Win User

You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ...

I believe this is quite common, but via Google, I can't enable any of the suggestions.
    This window "You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device" currently remains on the bottom right corner of my desktop PC ALL THE TIME!
    It began by popping up occasionally .. and I think it first appeared after a "routine" upgrade/spontaneous shutdown.
    It's now even lost the X in top right corner so I cannot move it.
    Is a total nuisance as I can't even use my full screen when attempting screenshots when setting up PowerPoints!
    I'll be grateful for someone's HELP!! *Smile

:)

Mageddie, Nov 13, 2016

2. you need to fix your Microsoft account for apps and your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device

The notebook initially had windows 7 pro with upgrade/downgrade rights.

In July 2016 it was upgrade to windows 10 pro via the Microsoft web site.

In August 2016 it was updated to the latest version of windows 10 pro, version 1607.

Windows is up to date less two failed updates:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632) - Error 0x8e5e0152

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3199986) - Error 0x8e5e0147

sfc /scannow displayed no integrity violations

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth completed successfully.

When I log onto Microsoft web sites it works (microsoftanswers,, technet, onedrive etc. I don't use a Microsoft email address.

The above link I had read before making this post. That is where I got the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter was run again today:

You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ... [​IMG]

You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ... [​IMG]

It did not indicate why it could not connect to the sync service when there is an excellent internet connection at 100 MBPS/sec download and upload.

It did not indicate where the root cause log is located or how to find it.

Using searcheverything software I found Microsoft.Windows.Diagnosis.Commands.UpdateDiagRootcause.resources.dll

Microsoft.windows.diagnosis.commands.updatediagrootcause.ni.dll

Microsoft.windows.diagnosis.commands.updatediagrootcause.dll

etc

no log was found.

Yesterday with one or two runs of the troubleshooter I looked for a log but did not know how to find it. This is yesterdays CBS log which has information about the two failed windows updates. I did not know how to find information about the troubleshooter
    log or the rootcauses log

CBS.log yesterday 1 9 2017.txt

This is msinfo32 obtained today 1 10 2017

msinfo32 1 10 2017.nfo

Any chance there is info about the problems or logs there?

Anything noteworthy in the event viewer?

This link [FIX] You Need To Fix Your Microsoft Account For Apps Notification In Windows 10 I had viewed before making the post and ran the troubleshooter. Then I posted the
    information in the first post. I had not performed the second part to dismiss the notification as I did not know what future problems would occur without fixing the current problem or problems that are producing the pop up notice.

Anything in the above links to workup the problem and fix it?

What other steps are there to find out what is triggering the pop up or where rootcauses log is located?

questions_, Nov 13, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 13, 2016
  4. Mageddie Win User

Do I get an email advice when someone replies to my post?

Mageddie, Nov 13, 2016
Thema:

1. You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ... - Similar Threads - need fix Microsoft

2. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " you need to fix your account": pls help me i just wanna play minecraft but i got logged out and i cant log into my microsoft account i dont have accses to the email of that account its on my phone that broke yesterday so i cant get the recovery code...
  3. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " you need to fix your account": pls help me i just wanna play minecraft but i got logged out and i cant log into my microsoft account i dont have accses to the email of that account its on my phone that broke yesterday so i cant get the recovery code...
  4. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "You need to fix your Microsoft account"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You need to fix your Microsoft account": Hello! For weeks that everyday I get a notification in Windows 10 saying that my Microsoft account needs to be fixed. So, I click on the notification and login with my password and it is fixed... But in the next day it complains again. I am tired of "fixing" my...
  6. You need to fix your Microsoft account message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You need to fix your Microsoft account message: is this real or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-to-fix-your-microsoft-account-message/fc125fc4-8019-4265-baff-20ef57a0cb85"
  7. Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you go on to sign-in with your Microsoft account, Windows 10, sometimes throws up an error message reading – Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account on Windows. There appears to be no specific reason [...] This post...
  8. "You need fix your MS account" popup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "You need fix your MS account" popup: This is what I'm talking about [img] 76501
  9. repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account": My computer is endlessly giving me the message "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device" I have clicked on it and it takes me to the "Change privacy options" settings page. The only...
  10. Windows 10: notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: notification "you need to fix your microsoft account": My laptop is Win 10 and wified to my desktop that is Win 8. Lately laptop has a hard time to connect to sites and shows Notification Banner message: "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i need acount for windowsphone

2. fix your microsoft account for apps