Windows 10: "You need to fix your Microsoft account"

Discus and support "You need to fix your Microsoft account" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! For weeks that everyday I get a notification in Windows 10 saying that my Microsoft account needs to be fixed. So, I click on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marco A.G.Pinto, Jul 16, 2020.

1. "You need to fix your Microsoft account"

Hello!

For weeks that everyday I get a notification in Windows 10 saying that my Microsoft account needs to be fixed.

So, I click on the notification and login with my password and it is fixed...

But in the next day it complains again.

I am tired of "fixing" my Microsoft account.

What is wrong with Windows/Microsoft?

:)

Marco A.G.Pinto, Jul 16, 2020

2. Local Account getting "You Need to Fix Your Microsoft Account for apps..."

Hi Bob,

As per the information, I suggest that you convert the local account into a Microsoft Account and then switch back to local. To do so follow the steps below

To convert the account, you can do the following:

• On the Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

• Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.

• Click Switch.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.

• Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Action Center: Settings: Microsoft Account: You need to fix your Microsoft Account

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done on your end?
    • Have you tried running the Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      . It's an automated tool that can find and fix some common problems with the Microsoft account.
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Jul 16, 2020
  4. PaulPChou Win User

"You need to fix your Microsoft account"

You need to fix your microsoft account???

May I kindly ask you a question? Where did you get this message from? I had this message too. This message usually appears when you log in to your device, mostly PC computer. What I suggest you to do is to delete your Microsoft account from your device.
    Make sure that you are log in to your device via local network. To delete your MS account, please follow the steps below. These steps are from Windows 10.

1. Click on the start menu icon on the lower left

2. Click on the settings icon

3. Please click on Email & app accounts or Your Info, can't remember which one.

4. You should be able to delete your account.

Hope it helps.

PaulPChou, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

"You need to fix your Microsoft account"

1. "You need to fix your Microsoft account" - Similar Threads - need fix Microsoft

2. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " you need to fix your account": pls help me i just wanna play minecraft but i got logged out and i cant log into my microsoft account i dont have accses to the email of that account its on my phone that broke yesterday so i cant get the recovery code...
  3. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " you need to fix your account": pls help me i just wanna play minecraft but i got logged out and i cant log into my microsoft account i dont have accses to the email of that account its on my phone that broke yesterday so i cant get the recovery code...
  4. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. You need to fix your Microsoft account message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You need to fix your Microsoft account message: is this real or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-to-fix-your-microsoft-account-message/fc125fc4-8019-4265-baff-20ef57a0cb85"
  6. Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you go on to sign-in with your Microsoft account, Windows 10, sometimes throws up an error message reading – Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account on Windows. There appears to be no specific reason [...] This post...
  7. "You need fix your MS account" popup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "You need fix your MS account" popup: This is what I'm talking about [img] 76501
  8. You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ...

You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ...: I believe this is quite common, but via Google, I can't enable any of the suggestions. This window "You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device" currently remains on the bottom right...
  9. repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

repeating notification "you need to fix your microsoft account": My computer is endlessly giving me the message "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device" I have clicked on it and it takes me to the "Change privacy options" settings page. The only...
  10. Windows 10: notification "you need to fix your microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: notification "you need to fix your microsoft account": My laptop is Win 10 and wified to my desktop that is Win 8. Lately laptop has a hard time to connect to sites and shows Notification Banner message: "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this...