Windows 10: "you need to install an app for this task" when i try to add a microsoft account

Discus and support "you need to install an app for this task" when i try to add a microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am currently on a local account and wanted to add my Microsoft account. I opened settings>accounts>your info to attempt to add the account. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by delvsm, Feb 12, 2020.

1. delvsm Win User

"you need to install an app for this task" when i try to add a microsoft account

I am currently on a local account and wanted to add my Microsoft account. I opened settings>accounts>your info to attempt to add the account. When clicking the link that says "sign in with Microsoft account instead" i am greeted with a page that reads "you need to install an app for this task". How can i get rid of this to add my account?

:)

delvsm, Feb 12, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

"you need to install an app for this task" when i try to add a microsoft account

Microsoft To-Do app coming to Mac App Store on June 17

Source: Microsoft To-Do on the Mac App Store

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. "you need to install an app for this task" when i try to add a microsoft account - Similar Threads - need install app

2. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: Why is my computer doing this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-to-install-an-app-for-this-task-on-sign/764f456a-631d-4315-a999-681250d2dfa8
  3. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: Why is my computer doing this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-to-install-an-app-for-this-task-on-sign/764f456a-631d-4315-a999-681250d2dfa8
  4. Error code when trying to add microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code when trying to add microsoft account.: When I'm trying to add a microsoft account to my pc I get an error code.Anyone knows why this happens and how I could fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-when-trying-to-add-microsoft-account/88bfce35-b3a5-40f0-ba6c-8d862b2392e1
  5. Error code when trying to add microsoft account.

Error code when trying to add microsoft account.: When I'm trying to add a microsoft account to my pc I get an error code.Anyone knows why this happens and how I could fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-when-trying-to-add-microsoft-account/88bfce35-b3a5-40f0-ba6c-8d862b2392e1
  6. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: i made a new account on my windows laptop when i tried login it showed ""You need to install an app for this task" on sign in" if i press yes it Choosing yes or no just brings up the sign in button again. Anyone know a fix please?...
  7. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

"You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: i made a new account on my windows laptop when i tried login it showed ""You need to install an app for this task" on sign in" if i press yes it Choosing yes or no just brings up the sign in button again. Anyone know a fix please?...
  8. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: So I was using my computer yesterday, and today i went to start it up again. But it wont let me sign in, when i use the face scan method, it says I need to set up a pin, and I’ve had this computer for a couple months, and to be honest I never bothered to do so, and it also...
  9. "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "You need to install an app for this task" on sign in: Set up a new Pc which ran fine for 2 days. Updated Windows now I can not sign in to the pc. When I press the sign in it says you need to install an app for this task. Choosing yes or no just brings up the sign in button again. Anyone know a fix please?...
  10. Windows 10 add someone to this PC popup says "you need to install an app for this task"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 add someone to this PC popup says "you need to install an app for this task": When I try and add a new user to my brand new Windows10 PC i.e. add someone to this PC a a popup says "you need to install an app for this task" Search for app in store. The store then says Try that again page could not be loaded..... how do I add a second user without this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you need to install an app for this task

2. you need to install an app for this task windows phone

3. you need to install the app for this task

4. windows set up pin again you need to install an app for this task,
  5. you need to install an app for this task windows,
  6. throttlestop you need to install an app for this task,
  7. you need an app for this task,
  8. you need to install app for this task lumia,
  9. you need to install app for this task