Windows 10: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

Discus and support "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to delete files, I get the following message: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file." I click on continue then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bluekimusic, Oct 17, 2020.

1. "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

When I try to delete files, I get the following message: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file."

I click on continue then get the message: "You require permission from xxxx\yyyyy to make changes to this file."

I am the only user and administrator of the laptop.

:)

bluekimusic, Oct 17, 2020

2. Deleting a file that requires permission from Administrator

I'm trying to delete a file that keeps telling me I need permission to perform this action. I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file.

Now if I look under User Accounts on the control panel there is only ONE account listed: mine as administrator.

However, under the properies window for the file there are three:

SYSTEM

Administrators (DJ Hernandez\Administrators)

Users (DJ Hernandez\Users)

The first two are listed as Full control on the Permissions tab of the Advanced Security Settings for the file. The Users is listed as Read. All three under Inherited From have C:\Program Data\Avg\Antivirus\

Is there any way that will allow me to get rid of this file? This belongs to a program that I have deleted using the Control Panel but it still shows up in the program listing under Programs and Features of the Control Panel.

Wild Child, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Scoka Win User
    File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

"You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

"You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

1. "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" - Similar Threads - need provide administrator

2. Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.: I dont know why these administrator permissions exist but anyway, I tried to delete some files in a program and it wouldnt let me because I need permissions from the administrator, someone please help!...
  3. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file"

"You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file": I've seen other locked threads about this, but none of them suggested solutions that I have been able to get to work. I am trying to copy MP3 files from an old computer to a new one, via an external hard drive. When I attempt to transfer them from the hard drive to the new...
  4. Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to delete certain folders... "You need to provide administrator permission to remove...: and then it just gives me the option of "try again" and it's an endless loop. This is my computer with no other accounts, and I am the administrator. This doesn't happen for everything, but with certain things, randomly, I seem to run into this problem when trying to delete...
  5. Administrator permission needed to delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permission needed to delete file: I am the administrator I am trying to delete a file, and it says I need administrator permission to delete the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-needed-to-delete-file/eefb5972-37ec-455e-9ed5-ee37c18ce6ba
  6. You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes"

You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes": Why did this happen again? I can't access the files on my external drive. Windows 10 hid them AGAIN! I cannot unhide them. PLEASE help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-will-need-to-provide-administrator-permission/1269164d-af9f-4974-9b57-09c68943eba4
  7. 'You will need to provide administrator permission' for icon change

'You will need to provide administrator permission' for icon change: When I change any icon on my desktop I get this popup:- [img] Since I am an administrator I find this a bit annoying. Any way to fix that? 141467
  8. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file: Greetings, I am trying to copy some files from my old computer to my new one. Old computer is Windows 7 Pro. New computer is Windows 10 Pro. I'm using an external USB hard drive to do the transfer. Most files and folders are moving just fine. One will not copy from the...
  9. Error: You will need to provide administrator permissions to change these attributes

Error: You will need to provide administrator permissions to change these attributes: I installed a new larger SSD for Windows 10 and my applications. a few months ago. My data I've always kept on a separate large HD. At install I was not able to access anything on my HD and had to add myself back as administratior for that drive, in the security tab....
  10. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": I get this message when I try deleting a file from one of my external backup drives: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" and when I try to copy a file to the drive I get: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this...