Windows 10: "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied."

Discus and support "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied." in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the admin on my account, and I need to un-tick an option on a .pak file that says Read Only, but to do so I need to give privileges. So, I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Logan Griff, Jan 24, 2021.

1. "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied."

I am the admin on my account, and I need to un-tick an option on a .pak file that says Read Only, but to do so I need to give privileges. So, I click continue, and then it says "An error occurred applying attributes to the file." and then "Access is denied." I've been searching around for a solution, but all of the answers have something to do with a security tab in the properties. I do not have this tab on this file. I only have General, Sharing, and Customize.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

:)

Logan Griff, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Skyfine Win User
    Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

It is my son's computer. He is the administrator so he can log in. However the programs do not run and there is no access to any folders. When using command prompt it gives a system 5 error. It does not seem to recognize him as the administrator anymore even though in settings he is listed as the administrator. I am unable to use an elevated command prompt because access to this is denied.

Skyfine, Jan 24, 2021
  4. "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied."

Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

"You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied." [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

"You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied." [​IMG]

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

"You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied."

1. "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied." - Similar Threads - need provide administrator

2. Destination folder access denied. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Destination folder access denied. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy...: So I own a laptop with Windows 10 as the operating system. For some reason, I can transfer files from my external hard drive, or flash drives to the laptop, but when it comes to transferring files from my laptop to an external hard drive or flash drive, I get this annoying...
  3. Destination folder access denied. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Destination folder access denied. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy...: So I own a laptop with Windows 10 as the operating system. For some reason, I can transfer files from my external hard drive, or flash drives to the laptop, but when it comes to transferring files from my laptop to an external hard drive or flash drive, I get this annoying...
  4. Destination folder access denied. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Privileges Needed: I am sole account for my home Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows 10 Pro. I am listed as Administrator under accounts but cannot delete some files because it doesn't recognize me as Administrator. How can I function as Administrator on my personal computer?...
  6. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges Needed: I am sole account for my home Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows 10 Pro. I am listed as Administrator under accounts but cannot delete some files because it doesn't recognize me as Administrator. How can I function as Administrator on my personal computer?...
  7. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes"

You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes": Why did this happen again? I can't access the files on my external drive. Windows 10 hid them AGAIN! I cannot unhide them. PLEASE help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-will-need-to-provide-administrator-permission/1269164d-af9f-4974-9b57-09c68943eba4
  9. 'You will need to provide administrator permission' for icon change

'You will need to provide administrator permission' for icon change: When I change any icon on my desktop I get this popup:- [img] Since I am an administrator I find this a bit annoying. Any way to fix that? 141467
  10. Error: You will need to provide administrator permissions to change these attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: You will need to provide administrator permissions to change these attributes: I installed a new larger SSD for Windows 10 and my applications. a few months ago. My data I've always kept on a separate large HD. At install I was not able to access anything on my HD and had to add myself back as administratior for that drive, in the security tab....