Windows 10: You organization requires you to change your pin

Discus and support You organization requires you to change your pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So this is probably the third time I have gotten this message. My pc is not part of a domain or organization, this is a fresh install of windows, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Grumpy Wolf, Nov 20, 2019.

1. You organization requires you to change your pin

So this is probably the third time I have gotten this message. My pc is not part of a domain or organization, this is a fresh install of windows, but every time I install office 365 (student version) upon reboot it forces me to have a more complex pin, and then when I go into settings I am being told that some setings are managed by your organization. This is EXTREMELY annoying, is there any way around this?

:)

Grumpy Wolf, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Kvothe711 Win User

I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization".

I have owned my laptop for several years, it has never been a work computer or had any organization work on it. Yesterday when I went to enter my pin I was prompted that I needed to change my pin because of my organization and the pin requirements are
    for a longer pin. I have always had the same pin and I do not want to change it. I am most worried about this "organization" prompt. Anyone advise on this? I thought it might have been me logging into my school email for the first time but I see no reason
    I should have to change my pin for that since I have to enter a password for the email. If it is the email log in how to I reverse it?

Kvothe711, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Receiving Notification Your organization requires that you change your PIN

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that you get a message stating, your organization needs to change the PIN.

Ideally, the user account doesn’t have password expiry enabled. However, if the option is enabled, the password will expire in 42 days. The password expiry only works for Local user accounts. We would like to know if you are using a Local user account
    or a Microsoft account on the computer.

However, we would like to know the edition of Windows 10 that you are using i.e. Windows 10 Home/Pro.

As you are unable to see the PINComplexity key in Registry, we can create the key, make the necessary changes and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Now, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\
    4. Right click on Microsoft key, click on
      New and select Key. Rename the newly created key as
      PassportForWork.
    5. Now, Right click on PassportForWork,
      click on New and select Key. Rename the newly created key as
      PINComplexity.
    6. Click on PINComplexity key, right click on empty space on the right pane, click on New and select
      DWORD (32-bit). Rename the DWORD as Expiration.
    7. Double click on Expiration, click on
      Decimal and enter a number between 1 and
    8. Click on OK and restart the computer.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you may to check the Group Policy settings mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\PIN Complexity
    4. On the right pane, double click on Expiration.
    5. If you want to enable PIN Expiration, click on
      Enabled and enter a number between 1 and
      for PIN Expiration.
    6. If you want to disable PIN Expiration, select
      Disable or Not Configured and click on
      OK
    7. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 20, 2019
  4. You organization requires you to change your pin

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

You organization requires you to change your pin

1. You organization requires you to change your pin - Similar Threads - organization requires change

2. "Your organization requires you to change your pin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization requires you to change your pin": I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and it's on my last good nerve. The laptop is my personal device and my personal email is the only account with access. I did sign in with my school account to use Office, and there were not any problems before signing into...
  3. "Your organization requires you to change your pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization requires you to change your pin": I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and it's on my last good nerve. The laptop is my personal device and my personal email is the only account with access. I did sign in with my school account to use Office, and there were not any problems before signing into...
  4. Your organization requires you to change your pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your organization requires you to change your pin: I make use of windows 11 and it said “your organization requires you to change your pin” i have tried changing the password but my alphabet keys are not working and the number keys are working. Meanwhile I am able to put in my old password alphabet which took me to the page...
  5. Your organization requires you to change your pin

Your organization requires you to change your pin: I make use of windows 11 and it said “your organization requires you to change your pin” i have tried changing the password but my alphabet keys are not working and the number keys are working. Meanwhile I am able to put in my old password alphabet which took me to the page...
  6. "Your organization requires you to update your PIN"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization requires you to update your PIN": I have a home computer, mainly for gaming, that I use daily. I keep getting notices that my organization requires me to change my PIN and I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!!I have googled how to get rid of it and followed multiple steps to try and it still keeps happening. I don't even...
  7. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  8. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

"Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  9. Organization requires that you change your pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization requires that you change your pin: Hi. I keep getting an error message stating "organization requires that you change your pin", however, this is a personal laptop and I do not work for an organization. Thank you...
  10. Disable: Your organization requires that you change your PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable: Your organization requires that you change your PIN: I keep getting the subject demand on my login screen every few weeks or so. I purchased the laptop, not "my organization" for home work purposes. There is no reason for me to change the PIN this frequently, and I want to either disable it or extend the period to something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 your organization requires a pin

2. your organization requires you to change pin

3. your organization requires to change your pin

4. change organization windows 10,
  5. windows 10 organization requires pin,
  6. laptop keeps making me change pin 2019,
  7. organisation forced you to change your pin,
  8. win 10 organization,
  9. windows pin expiration not part of organisation,
  10. how do i change organisation requires me to change my pin,
  11. your organisation requires you change a pin,