Windows 10: You own this app, can't install free app on second machine

Discus and support You own this app, can't install free app on second machine in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; It's a free app. I installed a copy of the app from the app store on my main machine. When visited the app store to install another copy on a second my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tdn4it, Jun 16, 2020.

1. tdn4it Win User

You own this app, can't install free app on second machine

It's a free app. I installed a copy of the app from the app store on my main machine. When visited the app store to install another copy on a second my test machine, the app store showed a message "You own this app" but I couldn't install because there was NO [ install button ]. The work around would be to create another Microsoft email account just for the purpose of installing the app. The app is "not" already installed on the test machine. The issue is beyond comprehension. First, it's a free app. Second, even if it's a paid for app there's no option for buying another copy for the second machine.

Anyone has a solution to this problem besides creating another Microsoft email account?

:)

tdn4it, Jun 16, 2020

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. You own this app, can't install free app on second machine :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 16, 2020
  4. You own this app, can't install free app on second machine

TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

You own this app, can't install free app on second machine

1. You own this app, can't install free app on second machine - Similar Threads - own app can't

2. YouTube TV App won’t install and gives “you own this app”

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    YouTube TV App won’t install and gives “you own this app”: I put this app on one PC. When I tried to put it on a second one, it says I own it and won’t install it.It’s clearly not properly integrated into the Store. Can’t search and find it from the store. Got it by doing a search that gave me a Microsoft.com link from 2017.All it...
  3. YouTube TV App won’t install and gives “you own this app”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube TV App won’t install and gives “you own this app”: I put this app on one PC. When I tried to put it on a second one, it says I own it and won’t install it.It’s clearly not properly integrated into the Store. Can’t search and find it from the store. Got it by doing a search that gave me a Microsoft.com link from 2017.All it...
  4. YouTube TV App won’t install and gives “you own this app”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store

Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store: I tried installing "Dolby Access" but it shows you own this app but when i click install it's not installing, so i tried installing other apps but the same problem happensI tried resetting Microsoft Store in settings,I tried "wsreset" in run,I tried resigning my Microsoft...
  6. Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store: I tried installing "Dolby Access" but it shows you own this app but when i click install it's not installing, so i tried installing other apps but the same problem happensI tried resetting Microsoft Store in settings,I tried "wsreset" in run,I tried resigning my Microsoft...
  7. Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. YOU OWN THIS APP AND APP READs INSTALL

YOU OWN THIS APP AND APP READs INSTALL: A few recent windows update and now none of the apps load from the Microsoft store ?This seems to be common problem what is the fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-own-this-app-and-app-reads-install/32397fe8-f036-4961-b62a-406c34705002
  9. Microsoft Store - Own the app but can't install

Microsoft Store - Own the app but can't install: Every time I try to install an app from Microsoft Store, it would show "You own this app.", but it wouldn't start installing the app when I click "Install". I tried every method in this thread and thispost, but none of them works to solve my problem. Any other solution...
  10. You own this app, but cant install - Microsoft Store

You own this app, but cant install - Microsoft Store: I payed for an app called Taskbar X ,and it says owned but i cant install it, Install button is grayed. I tried a lot of things, typed something in Powershell and cmd , cleared cache of MS, troubleshooting, log in and sign out, everything i could find on Google but nothing...