Windows 10: "You own this game".

Discus and support "You own this game". in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, this is Astrid. On my lenovo I am having this problem where I am installing this game but it says I already own this game but I don't. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AstridStewart, Dec 1, 2020.

1. "You own this game".

Hello, this is Astrid.

On my lenovo I am having this problem where I am installing this game but it says I already own this game but I don't. I looked in every file and know I don't own this game but I want to install this game but does not let me. hat do I do to install the game?

:)

AstridStewart, Dec 1, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2020
  4. "You own this game".

Angela Pun, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

"You own this game".

1. "You own this game". - Similar Threads - own game

2. My games keep tabbing out on their own on Windows 11. Please can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games keep tabbing out on their own on Windows 11. Please can anyone help?: This started 2 days ago, The game tabs out and puts me on the desktop homescreen, this is getting soo annoying, I also reached out to the support team and screen shared to them and he tried to fix it for an hour and then he said it might be fixed but I reinstalled my game and...
  3. My games keep tabbing out on their own on Windows 11. Please can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games keep tabbing out on their own on Windows 11. Please can anyone help?: This started 2 days ago, The game tabs out and puts me on the desktop homescreen, this is getting soo annoying, I also reached out to the support team and screen shared to them and he tried to fix it for an hour and then he said it might be fixed but I reinstalled my game and...
  4. Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]: I have recently been noticing that anytime I start playing a game, it works fine for about 5-8 minutes and suddenly my screen goes blank and then starts flickering with this loud buzzing sound https://imgur.com/a/9uvKQxL. Otherwise, my laptop works perfectly fine. I'm not...
  5. Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]

Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]: I have recently been noticing that anytime I start playing a game, it works fine for about 5-8 minutes and suddenly my screen goes blank and then starts flickering with this loud buzzing sound https://imgur.com/a/9uvKQxL. Otherwise, my laptop works perfectly fine. I'm not...
  6. Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How can I recover or get a new key for Flight simulator X gold edition? I own the game and...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I recover or get a new key for Flight simulator X gold edition? I own the game and...: How can I recover or get a new key for Flight simulator X gold edition? I own the game but apparently lost the key. My son is desperate to play this old game and I don’t want to have to buy it again. Is there any hope?Thanks for any help!...
  8. How can I recover or get a new key for Flight simulator X gold edition? I own the game and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover or get a new key for Flight simulator X gold edition? I own the game and...: How can I recover or get a new key for Flight simulator X gold edition? I own the game but apparently lost the key. My son is desperate to play this old game and I don’t want to have to buy it again. Is there any hope?Thanks for any help!...
  9. How can I recover or get a new key for Flight simulator X gold edition? I own the game and...

10. I own a few of the jackbox party pack games on Xbox but am only able to download packs 7-10...

I own a few of the jackbox party pack games on Xbox but am only able to download packs 7-10...: I own a few of the jackbox party pack games on Xbox but am only able to download packs 7-10 on pc, but am unable to downlad packs 1-6. Why can I not install packs 1-6...