Windows 10: ' You require permission from everyone to make changes to this folder '

Discus and support ' You require permission from everyone to make changes to this folder ' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i need help i'm trying to delete a folder on my external hard drive called "WindowsApps" but it comes up with that i need permission from everyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LewisThompson4, Jun 26, 2022.

1. ' You require permission from everyone to make changes to this folder '

Hi i need help i'm trying to delete a folder on my external hard drive called "WindowsApps" but it comes up with that i need permission from everyone to make changes to this folder but i'm the only one that uses this computer and i need to delete because i'm trying to change where new apps get saved to but it comes up with a error code " 0x80070057" every time I try to change it to my external drive so i need help if anyone can that would be great!Thanks, Jack

:)

LewisThompson4, Jun 26, 2022

2. Unable to delete a particular folder. Error: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

Windows Edition 10 Version 1809, OS build 18272.1000

After installing the latest creators update I have the following issue. When using Explorer to delete a folder that is not empty I always get this issue: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder." It doesn't matter
    if I just created it or not. I can remove the folder just fine using rmdir <folder> /s /q.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Using explorer create the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c.
    2. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."
    3. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c -works just fine
    4. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b -works just fine
    5. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a -works just fine.

This will also reproduce the issue

1. mkdir c:\users\rob\a
    2. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b
    3. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b\c
    4. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

This is a new behavior and is causing some build tools to fail.

Thanks,

Rob

***Title modified from Windows Explorer Permissions Isuse***

Rob.Kreger, Jun 26, 2022
  3. You require permission to make changes to this folder

Follow the steps provided by David. F on this
    thread
    on how to change the permissions of the folder.

Let us know if the suggestions help you in resolving the problem.

Regile Reb, Jun 26, 2022
  4. ' You require permission from everyone to make changes to this folder '

System Permission required

Hi Peter,

The message that you've encountered when deleting the USERS folder can be due to a permission set on it. To change the permission of the affected folder, follow these steps:

• Right click the the parent folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Select the Security tab.
    • Click Edit to change the permission.
    • Select the new owner, and then put a check mark in the Full
      control box.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Once you're done, the folder can now be deleted.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

' You require permission from everyone to make changes to this folder '

1. ' You require permission from everyone to make changes to this folder ' - Similar Threads - require permission everyone

2. You Require Permission from "Everyone" to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You Require Permission from "Everyone" to make changes to this folder: I am attempting to delete a folder. The pendrive is connected to my PC running Windows 11 via a USB port. I can access the folder, but when I attempt to delete the folder I receive the error message that "I need permission form everyone to make changes to this folder". I've...
  3. You Require Permission from "Everyone" to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You Require Permission from "Everyone" to make changes to this folder: I am attempting to delete a folder. The pendrive is connected to my PC running Windows 11 via a USB port. I can access the folder, but when I attempt to delete the folder I receive the error message that "I need permission form everyone to make changes to this folder". I've...
  4. You require permission to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 News
    You require permission to make changes to this folder: [IMG]If you see Folder Access Denied, You require permission to make changes to this folder error message while deleting the file(s) located inside a particular folder, this article will help you. You may also encounter the same error message while copying or deleting the...
  5. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder: I tried to delete Old windows folder from C drive and it shows You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-administrators-to-make/c87727ee-59b0-4538-97d5-a486893d19c7
  6. ' You require permission from everyone to make changes to this folder '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ' You require permission from everyone to make changes to this folder ': Hi i need help i'm trying to delete a folder on my external hard drive called "WindowsApps" but it comes up with that i need permission from everyone to make changes to this folder but i'm the only one that uses this computer and i need to delete because i'm trying to change...
  7. "You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file" On a flash drive

"You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file" On a flash drive: For some reason, When I try to edit the metadata of a music file on my flashdrive, It says this.This is mostly weird because there is no security tab. What could be happening?...
  8. "You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file" On a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file" On a flash drive: For some reason, When I try to edit the metadata of a music file on my flashdrive, It says this.This is mostly weird because there is no security tab. What could be happening?...
  9. "You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file" On a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. You require permission from everyone to make changes to this file

You require permission from everyone to make changes to this file: I cant copy a file from a cd drive and the one solution I've seen doesn't work as this file doesn't have a security tab under properties https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-everyone-to-make/d0c54115-9ce5-474e-ad16-74d2024e2d4e"