Windows 10: you require permissions from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this

Discus and support you require permissions from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently formatted my system. I had copied the items of C:\Windows\WinSxS from my previous install in a USB drive and then formatted the laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sandila, Aug 3, 2021.

1. sandila Win User

you require permissions from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this

I have recently formatted my system. I had copied the items of C:\Windows\WinSxS from my previous install in a USB drive and then formatted the laptop. Then re installed windows and copied the contents of USB drive back to C:\Windows\WinSxS however I notice the boot time has again become long as it was previously. So I decided to delete all the items in WinSxS folder. I get a few errors like the one in screenshot. I am not able to resolve this error. What should I do to get rid of this Trusted Installer permission error. I want to delete every thing from WinSxS folder.

:)

sandila, Aug 3, 2021

2. windows 10 directions for changing permissions from TrustedInstaller

The Windows Media Player is malfunctioning. The directions given after reinstalling the program, with no improvement, was to uninstall and then install the program. However, the persistent requirement for permission from TrustedInstaller to make the changes caused
    me to search for directions which only found directions for WINDOWS 7.
    Please offer new directions for correcting TrustedInstaller for WINDOWS 10.
    THANK YOU

Agnes JeanCongdon, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Ariel Aba Win User
    Windows 10 Home - Getting "TrustedInstaller" permission to edit and remove items.

Hi John,

Based on the initial post that you made, what you did was to give full permission to trustedinstaller. You need to change it to the admin of the computer (LAPTOP-E1UE8UMG\Administrators) instead as outlined on the last link you provided. If you are still
    having issues after changing the permission to the admin, I suggest that you post your issue in the
    TechNet Forums instead. The members there include
    IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Bree, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. you require permissions from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this - Similar Threads - require permissions TrustedInstaller

2. You Require Permission from "Everyone" to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You Require Permission from "Everyone" to make changes to this folder: I am attempting to delete a folder. The pendrive is connected to my PC running Windows 11 via a USB port. I can access the folder, but when I attempt to delete the folder I receive the error message that "I need permission form everyone to make changes to this folder". I've...
  3. You require permission to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 News
    You require permission to make changes to this folder: [IMG]If you see Folder Access Denied, You require permission to make changes to this folder error message while deleting the file(s) located inside a particular folder, this article will help you. You may also encounter the same error message while copying or deleting the...
  4. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder: I tried to delete Old windows folder from C drive and it shows You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-administrators-to-make/c87727ee-59b0-4538-97d5-a486893d19c7
  5. You require permission to make changes to this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You require permission to make changes to this file: Hi,I turned my pc on today and all of a sudden I can't edit a file. It's a python file if that changes anything, but I don't think it does. For example, when trying to rename the file I get:I have tried to change the owner of the file but I get a different error when that...
  6. You require permission to make changes to this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You require permission to make changes to this file: Hi,I turned my pc on today and all of a sudden I can't edit a file. It's a python file if that changes anything, but I don't think it does. For example, when trying to rename the file I get:I have tried to change the owner of the file but I get a different error when that...
  7. You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 News
    You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder: The message prompt You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder will pop up when you try to delete, modify, rename, or access core system files that are protected under the ownership of the TrustedInstaller process. In order to do the necessary...
  8. You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file: I had installed PTC creo 4.0 student version on my laptop, but it didn't opened even after successful installation. I uninstalled the software but some files couldn't be deleted which was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Mathcad PDSi\Resource\CMap. These files were...
  9. You require permission from <owner> to make changes to this file.

in Windows 10 Support
    You require permission from <owner> to make changes to this file.: A friend has a new Win 10 PC. After connecting an external drive from the old PC to the new PC we tried to copy a folder tree from the external drive to an internal drive. Most of the files copied by some generated an error dialog with the message "You'll need to provide...
  10. How to simulate message you require permission from trustedinstalled ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to simulate message you require permission from trustedinstalled ?: In my previous thread i asked how can i delete the folders and files of ProgramData , ProgramFiles , ProgramFiles (x86) , and Windows by using the Take Ownership. Can't delete Windows and all Program-files-files(x86)-data folders why And it's working fine. Now i...