Windows 10: You say UWP apps don't install themself? Then what is this? (Says installed on 12/31/1970)

Discus and support You say UWP apps don't install themself? Then what is this? (Says installed on 12/31/1970) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tonny5935 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tonny5935, Dec 1, 2020.

1. You say UWP apps don't install themself? Then what is this? (Says installed on 12/31/1970)

/u/Tonny5935, Dec 1, 2020

2. Trying to install some apps then it says to install, which I do, but it never says installed

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

From the description provided, I understand that you are unable to install multiple apps via Windows Store.

The issue might occur if the app is not being able to download itself via Store at the first place.

First, try to update the Windows Store apps and see if it helps to make any positive impact.

Please follow the below steps.

1. Open the Store app.

2. Click on the user icon, and click/tap on
    Downloads and updates.

3. Click on Check for updates.

4. If you have updates available for apps, then you can click on
    Update all, or click/tap on the download and install (down arrow) button to update individual apps.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter and then try again to download and install the apps.

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 1, 2020
  3. How do I reinstall an app that the computer says is not there but the store says is installed

Hi Shawn and Ruth

I used Powershell to uninstall it again and double checked that the tile was gone. It was. Then I reinstalled it from the store. I checked in the start list and the game is listed under "recently added" and listed under "D" in the "All Apps" from the
    start menu. I reset the store like Ruth suggested and tried to open the game from the store's "Open" box -- no luck. Then I tried opening the game from the start menu - no luck.

Under "Settings" and "Apps and Features" the game is not listed.

The store says that the game is installed.

The Package is listed under PowerShell as:

Full Name: A278AB0D.DragonMainaLegends_1.7.0.15_x86_h6adky7gbf63m

Install Location: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\A278AB0D.DragonMainaLegends_1.7.0.15_x86_h6adky7gbf63m

KidsUnKauf, Dec 1, 2020
  4. AmyRose3 Win User

You say UWP apps don't install themself? Then what is this? (Says installed on 12/31/1970)

app saying it is installed when it is not

Hello everyone,

I recently uninstalled the app Instagram because it was glitching. So I went to the store to re-install it about a day later, and found that I couldn't, because it says it is already installed (even though it isnt!) all it says on the microsoft store is 'launch'
    but when I press launch nothing happens. When I go to settings to reset Instagram app, it says it is unable to do it, I am unable to access Instagram at all or find it anywhere on my phone at all. Which makes me think it isn't installed! But on lists on my
    phone it says it is. I have since uninstalled and re-installed apps, and they were fine. I would really appreciate any help because I really want Instagram back! Thanks in advance.

AmyRose3, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

You say UWP apps don't install themself? Then what is this? (Says installed on 12/31/1970)

1. You say UWP apps don't install themself? Then what is this? (Says installed on 12/31/1970) - Similar Threads - UWP apps don't

2. Apps say I don't have. Netframework installed but I do.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps say I don't have. Netframework installed but I do.: I've had a problem starting a few different apps such as discord and dayz client, it says this application could not be started, this application requires one of the following versionsVersion=v4. 5.1 . I have this version installed in multiple drives. I've tried every guide...
  3. it says you must install missing frameworks for .net

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it says you must install missing frameworks for .net: It tried to update to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-you-must-install-missing-frameworks-for/1cba0387-9c19-4eae-ae81-be1d1f01ff96
  4. it says you must install missing frameworks for .net

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it says you must install missing frameworks for .net: It tried to update to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-you-must-install-missing-frameworks-for/1cba0387-9c19-4eae-ae81-be1d1f01ff96
  5. it says you must install missing frameworks for .net

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to uninstall an app the MS store says is installed but is not installed?

How to uninstall an app the MS store says is installed but is not installed?: Hi. I had a game app installed from the MS store called "Warzone 2011" that worked wonderfully until I downloaded and installed the Windows 11 upgrade a couple days ago. After installation, I noticed there was no shortcut icon for the game, to play the game.So, I went back to...
  7. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.: I have followed multiple threads on this, restoring the Microsoft Store, even going to the extent of restoring Windows this evening. I am still having exactly the same issue. When I go into Microsoft Store and My Library I can see the App and it says Install which I click...
  8. Can't install UWP apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install UWP apps.: I had this problem just today, I tried installing Minecraft for Windows 10 because it had an update. The thing is, Microsoft Store keeps giving me the error code 0x80070002. I managed to get the APPX for it and it gives me -2147219196 and -2147219195. I tried reinstalling...
  9. Can't install UWP apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install UWP apps.: I had this problem just today, I tried installing Minecraft for Windows 10 because it had an update. The thing is, Microsoft Store keeps giving me the error code 0x80070002. I managed to get the APPX for it and it gives me -2147219196 and -2147219195. I tried reinstalling...
  10. windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app?

windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app?: windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-says-i-need-a-new-app-to-install-edge-what/03a16a4a-65c1-4d38-81a1-ccc9c1888613