Windows 10: You updated my Windows 10 this afternoon and lost all my files

Discus and support You updated my Windows 10 this afternoon and lost all my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This afternoon my WIndows 10 "updated" although I had windows updates paused. When I tried to replace my screensaver, because I use revolving photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MARY BANKS, May 6, 2020.

1. You updated my Windows 10 this afternoon and lost all my files

This afternoon my WIndows 10 "updated" although I had windows updates paused. When I tried to replace my screensaver, because I use revolving photos from "my pictures" I found that my pictures, and all my documents, basically my entire C: drive was wiped. Can I get a phone number for Microsoft Support UK?

Am I the only person this happened to today 06 May, 2020?

:)

MARY BANKS, May 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2020
  3. Melowin Mar, May 6, 2020
  4. You updated my Windows 10 this afternoon and lost all my files

Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2020
Thema:

You updated my Windows 10 this afternoon and lost all my files

1. You updated my Windows 10 this afternoon and lost all my files - Similar Threads - updated afternoon lost

2. Reinstalled windows and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled windows and lost all my files: I have recently reinstalled windows on my PC as my windows was previously corrupted. I have lost all my files, but my hard drives still full of data. When I try to access that data and all my files I find nothing. I have gone through many videos and websites telling me to...
  3. Reinstalled windows and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalled windows and lost all my files: I have recently reinstalled windows on my PC as my windows was previously corrupted. I have lost all my files, but my hard drives still full of data. When I try to access that data and all my files I find nothing. I have gone through many videos and websites telling me to...
  4. I Lost All of My Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost All of My Files: My computer was not loading the key pad to enter my pin and sign in. I was stuck on the rotation of scenic photos that it typically runs through in the background. This has been a regular occurrence for quite some time now. In every instance before this one of two things...
  5. Edge and lost all of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge and lost all of my files: I uploaded Edge and lost all of my desktop icons, pictures, and files. How do I restore them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-and-lost-all-of-my-files/0b682565-e2ab-48c5-a86d-f3ce07232049
  6. I lost all my filed after Windows 10 auto updated

I lost all my filed after Windows 10 auto updated: How do I recover my lost files after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-all-my-filed-after-windows-10-auto-updated/688a7a8b-1138-4b83-9808-411d0c8e6093
  7. I lost all my files when my computer updated

I lost all my files when my computer updated: My computer forcefully updated with version KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) and when it restarted all my files, documents, pictures and videos were gone. I tried to retrieve them through the path : C:\Users\radda but found nothing. I ask if it is possible to retrieve my files...
  8. Lost all my files after update the latest version of Windows 10

Lost all my files after update the latest version of Windows 10: Lost all my files after updating to the latest version of Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-my-files-after-update-the-latest-version/b402d64b-9f13-477a-ba1a-e720745911c4
  9. update windows 10 or all my files will be lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    update windows 10 or all my files will be lost: A message appeared in a popup window warning me that if I did not click the update now button all my files would be lost. I just closed the browser and it disappeared. I assume this is a scam of sorts and not a real threat....
  10. Help all my libraries files LOST- Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Help all my libraries files LOST- Win 10 update: I recently updated my win 8.1 laptop to win 10. Then for the first few times that I used this computer I noticed that my files were hidden in the windows.old folder. So I copied them to their respective libraries and moved on. Then earlier this morning I turned on my...