Windows 10: You usually block notifications...

Discus and support You usually block notifications... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This screnshoot is representing what's bothering me: [img] I don't want to see it every time notifications are blocked, and I don't want to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zebal, Apr 11, 2021.

1. zebal Win User

You usually block notifications...

This screnshoot is representing what's bothering me:

You usually block notifications... [​IMG]

I don't want to see it every time notifications are blocked, and I don't want to re-enable notifications either.

MS again takes care user's software isn't misconfigured, even though this setting is ON by default, so if we set it to OFF then that obviously means it's should be OFF not that it should display an alternative notification.

:)

zebal, Apr 11, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Telos Win User
    Controlled folder access blocking toast notifications no longer appear

When I first initiated "Controlled folder access" I would get toast notifications when a new app was blocked. I could then allow that app by opening the recently blocked app list , and make an exception for the blocked app.

A few weeks ago the toast notifications stopped for this feature (otherwise they are active). Now when a program fails to load, I have to toggle off controlled folder access and retry the program launch. If successful, I then manually locate that program to make an exception, as it does not appear in the recently blocked apps list.

How do I again receive toast notifications, and why are the blocked programs no longer appearing in the recently blocked apps list? Is there a means to manually clear the recently blocked list? This anti-ransomware feature has become a nuisance to manage.

Does anyone here use this?

Telos, Apr 11, 2021
  4. You usually block notifications...

Sudden Defender CFA "blocked" notification. Nothing blocked.

Why would I get a "Protected folder access blocked" notification from Defender when I open an xls under the conditions listed below?

The app is EXCEL.EXE, the folder is D:\Documents\Stuff.

1. I've accessed the same xls in that same folder many many times in the past and gotten no "blocked" notification so apparently it has not been necessary to add EXCEL.EXE to the CFA "allowed app" list in the past.

2. D:\Documents has always been on the CFA protected folders list.

3. Even though the message said access was blocked, the xls opened fine.

I have made no changes since this happened. I did not add Excel.exe to the allowed list, but I can now open the xls without any Defender notifications coming up.

Sure I can ignore the incident, but any ideas about what happened?

Windows 10 Pro 19042.685
    Office 2019

mjohnsonn2, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

You usually block notifications...

1. You usually block notifications... - Similar Threads - usually block notifications

2. Gaming block policy also blocks notifications settings access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming block policy also blocks notifications settings access: Hello, my organization blocks access to Gaming mode on our Windows 11 corporate owned machines. We have recently discovered that it is likely also blocking user access to Notifications Settings. They can click on the button, but nothing happens. Found the following article:...
  3. My notification setting is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My notification setting is blocked: The notifications in my setting is blocked. I cannot turn it on so I could not get any notification from apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-notification-setting-is-blocked/37b16809-ca04-4c9e-9528-5835890d0540
  4. My notification setting is blocked

My notification setting is blocked: The notifications in my setting is blocked. I cannot turn it on so I could not get any notification from apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-notification-setting-is-blocked/37b16809-ca04-4c9e-9528-5835890d0540
  5. Frozen notification blocks screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen notification blocks screen: This notification see image comes up and freezes each time we use our laptop. I have switched notifications off yet this still happens and means we lose part of the screen when trying to work. Any ideas how to get rid of this and stop it continually appearing other than...
  6. Frozen notification blocks screen

Frozen notification blocks screen: This notification see image comes up and freezes each time we use our laptop. I have switched notifications off yet this still happens and means we lose part of the screen when trying to work. Any ideas how to get rid of this and stop it continually appearing other than...
  7. Sudden Defender CFA "blocked" notification. Nothing blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sudden Defender CFA "blocked" notification. Nothing blocked.: Why would I get a "Protected folder access blocked" notification from Defender when I open an xls under the conditions listed below? The app is EXCEL.EXE, the folder is D:\Documents\Stuff. 1. I've accessed the same xls in that same folder many many times in the past and...
  8. If you don't want end of support notifications on Windows 7, block KB4493132

in Windows 10 News
    If you don't want end of support notifications on Windows 7, block KB4493132: Microsoft announced earlier this month that it would start to show end of support notifications on devices running the company's Windows 7 operating system. Windows 7 support ends in January 2020 for consumer versions of the operating system. Enterprise customers may extend...
  9. Accidentally block chrome notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Accidentally block chrome notifications: I accidentally block chrome notifications from Action Center by right clicking and stop show notifications. How to unblock this? 119176
  10. Accidentally block chrome notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally block chrome notifications: I accidentally block chrome notifications from Action Center by right clicking and stop show notifications. How to unblock this? 119176