Windows 10: You were supposed to destroy them, NOT JOIN THEM!

Discus and support You were supposed to destroy them, NOT JOIN THEM! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Here's what happen: When I tried to run troubleshooter, the prompt window told me "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pourskull, Oct 29, 2019.

1. You were supposed to destroy them, NOT JOIN THEM!

/u/pourskull, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Joining a homegroup

Hi,

Homegroup networks are created mainly for sharing files and devices with other computers. We'd like to learn more about you concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to join the homegroup?
    • Who created the homegroup?
    • Do you have the homegroup password?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Oct 29, 2019
  3. trying to join a homegroup with my new Dell XPS 15 Laptop

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute to the concern why your computer is not able to join the HomeGroup properly. For us to resolve your concern kindly answer the questions below:

• Aside from the error message you mentioned, were there any other error messages that showed up when you attempted to connect the laptop to the HomeGroup?
    • Are both devices on the same network? If they are, is this through a WiFi connection or LAN connection?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that to follow these steps to run the Windows built in troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting
      in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Troubleshooting app.
    • Select the view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Look for the Homegroup option from the list and select it.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 29, 2019
  4. JJDWwii Win User

You were supposed to destroy them, NOT JOIN THEM!

cant creat homegroup only join windos 10 but nothing to join

I have tried all the things you have listed and still all my PCs say Join not one of the says create. So i turned each one off 1 by 1 and i fould that if i loged my Front Room PC off i thne can create a home group with my PC. but as soon as i turn the Front
    room PC back on then all my PCs go back to JOIN even the one in the front room. any other things i can try thanks

JJDWwii, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

You were supposed to destroy them, NOT JOIN THEM!

1. You were supposed to destroy them, NOT JOIN THEM! - Similar Threads - were supposed destroy

2. Does Microsoft Support call you when you are in chat with them?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Microsoft Support call you when you are in chat with them?: I have been going crazy trying to find out why my pc feels so insecure...I have reinstalled Win 10 what feels like a million times, fiddled with Windows Defender Firewall settings, Network Adapter Settings, blocking apps, turning off what apps can access what, etc etc etc. I...
  3. My friend can join me on Minecraft Windows 10, but I can’t join them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My friend can join me on Minecraft Windows 10, but I can’t join them.: Help. I am trying to join my friends on Minecraft, but it says that its unable to join. They, however, are able to join me. Is this a network issue or a server?...
  4. How to put them together and batch run them?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put them together and batch run them?: Hi, everyone I found the PowerShell command codes could deny full control permission of registry key, but them were imperfect and not met my need. The imperfect PowerShell command codes are as following. $path = "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard" $Acl = Get-ACL $path...
  5. Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you

in Windows 10 News
    Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you: [ATTACH] Final products are not perfect. The same goes for Windows 10 as well. However, Windows 10 v1809 which came out in October made User files disappear and ran into many other issues. The issue was so serious that Microsoft had [...] This post Should you manually Check...
  6. Lost my albums as new photo apps destroyed them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my albums as new photo apps destroyed them: As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please? The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me....
  7. Windows destroyed file permissions instead of adding them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows destroyed file permissions instead of adding them: Hello, so, I was replacing my hard drive and decided to simply remove the old one and install Windows 10 in the new hard drive, then I wanted to move the files from the old drive to the new one so I just popped the old drive into an external USB enclosure; inserted the drive...
  8. Verify the files you publish and delete them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Verify the files you publish and delete them: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me how I see if I have published files and how can I delete these files (DUBLED). Wait for response!. A good day!....
  9. Windows Borders (Did You Like Them?)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Borders (Did You Like Them?): Well, here's some code for a theme that brings borders back, plus a host of other redeeming elements. I've been testing it for a couple hours, there doesn't seem to be any dire repercussions so far. It's quite nice. Thanks to rdwray over at W8F for posting this! Try it...
  10. Re-Appearing Folders And Documents After Supposedly Deleting Them !

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-Appearing Folders And Documents After Supposedly Deleting Them !: Hello, Here's one I have never run across before. New user to W10 on a new Dell 8900. All seems fine, but... I have a bunch of Folders, documents and shortcuts that I tried to Delete. Put them all in the Recycle Bin. No longer on Desktop. Emptied the Recycle Bin....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you were suppose to destroy them not join th em

2. you must to destroy them not join