Windows 10: you will need a new app to open windows defender

Discus and support you will need a new app to open windows defender in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; version 1903 windows 10 home other laptop with windows 10 pro works ok after much headaches managed to upgrade to 1903 but now the above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by royverma, Jul 26, 2019.

1. royverma Win User

you will need a new app to open windows defender

version 1903

windows 10 home

other laptop with windows 10 pro works ok

after much headaches managed to upgrade to 1903

but now the above message

is the fix not in upgrade?

whats going on

so is 1903 is brand new junk upgrade?

:)

royverma, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. you will need a new app to  open windows defender :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. you will need a new app to open windows defender - Similar Threads - need app open

2. hi i tried to open defender but it says you will need an new app to open this window...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i tried to open defender but it says you will need an new app to open this window...: i already tried cmd commands and registry but anything didnt helped any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-tried-to-open-defender-but-it-says-you-will/3f917d7b-fba3-4352-8b04-099d3f037e7f
  3. hi i tried to open defender but it says you will need an new app to open this window...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi i tried to open defender but it says you will need an new app to open this window...: i already tried cmd commands and registry but anything didnt helped any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-tried-to-open-defender-but-it-says-you-will/3f917d7b-fba3-4352-8b04-099d3f037e7f
  4. hi i tried to open defender but it says you will need an new app to open this window...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. you will need a new app to open windows defender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you will need a new app to open windows defender link: hello i have recently upgraded to windows 11 thanks to this website and forums.since i had upgrade i get this message from windows security that i have threats found and actions are needed.whenever i click on it, i get that "you will need a new app to open windows defender...
  6. you will need a new app to open windows defender link

you will need a new app to open windows defender link: hello i have recently upgraded to windows 11 thanks to this website and forums.since i had upgrade i get this message from windows security that i have threats found and actions are needed.whenever i click on it, i get that "you will need a new app to open windows defender...
  7. you will need a new app to open this windows defender link . Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you will need a new app to open this windows defender link . Windows defender: when i try to open windows defender it says you will need a new app to open this windows defender linkwhat should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-will-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-windows/0fa9396c-6e42-4479-9aab-a88f7f9236f8
  8. you will need a new app to open this windows defender link . Windows defender

you will need a new app to open this windows defender link . Windows defender: when i try to open windows defender it says you will need a new app to open this windows defender linkwhat should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-will-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-windows/0fa9396c-6e42-4479-9aab-a88f7f9236f8
  9. you'll need a new app to open windows defender link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    you'll need a new app to open windows defender link: why does it say you'll need a new app to open windows defender link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-windows-defender-link/d5749d30-3bef-475f-bbe1-ecd4ccad7d52
  10. You will need a new app to open this MS.WPC

in Windows 10 Customization
    You will need a new app to open this MS.WPC: Whenever I launch google chrome or iTunes this error comes up. Ive followed multiple threads and nothings worked. Ive tryed going into powershell in admin. It didn't work WINDOWS 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender settings is asking me to open with an app

2. you will need a new app to open defender

3. new app to open windows defender link

4. what app do i need to open windows defender,
  5. need an app to open windows defender,
  6. you will need a new app to open windows defender,
  7. need a new app to open windows defender,
  8. windows defender need app,
  9. why do I need an app for Defender