Windows 10: You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes"

Discus and support You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why did this happen again? I can't access the files on my external drive. Windows 10 hid them AGAIN! I cannot unhide them. PLEASE help me!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bwprager123, Mar 18, 2020.

1. You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes"

Why did this happen again? I can't access the files on my external drive. Windows 10 hid them AGAIN! I cannot unhide them. PLEASE help me!

:)

bwprager123, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Mar 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Permissions and Attributes

Sure, you can change anything.. I suggested a tool to reset them above. No response.
    @sygnus21: I did not go down that route for a reason. Did you note:
    So seems the question is whether this is true- and no evidence of that. What there is evidence of is an issue running certain very specific programs.

@sygnus21 - it's now left to you to provide guidance as to how to make use of that tutorial in the context of this clean install. Good luck!

dalchina, Mar 18, 2020
  4. You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes"

Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes"

1. You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes" - Similar Threads - need provide administrator

2. Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive: I'm getting this error whenever I try to rename USB Flash Drive. This started happening after I upgraded Windows to 11 Pro. Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive.Click Continue to complete this operation.Does anyone know how to...
  3. Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive: I'm getting this error whenever I try to rename USB Flash Drive. This started happening after I upgraded Windows to 11 Pro. Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive.Click Continue to complete this operation.Does anyone know how to...
  4. Windows keeps prompting "you will need to provide administrator permission to rename this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps prompting "you will need to provide administrator permission to rename this...: So all of a sudden I turned on my laptop and I tried to rename a file within a folder that's not in C drive and the mentioned dialogue shows up though when I press continue it does rename it but it just keeps showing up whenever I try to edit any file or folder inside a...
  5. Windows keeps prompting "you will need to provide administrator permission to rename this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps prompting "you will need to provide administrator permission to rename this...: So all of a sudden I turned on my laptop and I tried to rename a file within a folder that's not in C drive and the mentioned dialogue shows up though when I press continue it does rename it but it just keeps showing up whenever I try to edit any file or folder inside a...
  6. "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You need to provide administrator privileges to change these attributes." "Access is denied.": I am the admin on my account, and I need to un-tick an option on a .pak file that says Read Only, but to do so I need to give privileges. So, I click continue, and then it says "An error occurred applying attributes to the file." and then "Access is denied." I've been...
  7. "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

"You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": When I try to delete files, I get the following message: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file." I click on continue then get the message: "You require permission from xxxx\yyyyy to make changes to this file." I am the only user and...
  8. 'You will need to provide administrator permission' for icon change

in Windows 10 Customization
    'You will need to provide administrator permission' for icon change: When I change any icon on my desktop I get this popup:- [img] Since I am an administrator I find this a bit annoying. Any way to fix that? 141467
  9. Error: You will need to provide administrator permissions to change these attributes

Error: You will need to provide administrator permissions to change these attributes: I installed a new larger SSD for Windows 10 and my applications. a few months ago. My data I've always kept on a separate large HD. At install I was not able to access anything on my HD and had to add myself back as administratior for that drive, in the security tab....
  10. Help with "you'll need to provide administrator permission ...".

Help with "you'll need to provide administrator permission ...".: I am the only user on this computer and when I got that message I went to 'Downloads folder> Properties > Security tab'. The Group Everyone doesn't have any clickable boxes under Permissions, the rest do and every option under Allow is checked. Why can I just give...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes

2. windows you need administrator permissions

3. need to provide administrator permission to change ATTributes