Windows 10: You'll need a new app message for opening files.

Discus and support You'll need a new app message for opening files. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc -link" when try to open same files <Original Title: quation has been changed for clarity purposes.>Y... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by luulgeremariam, Feb 3, 2020.

1. You'll need a new app message for opening files.

You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc -link" when try to open same files

<Original Title: quation has been changed for clarity purposes.>Y

:)

luulgeremariam, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. You'll need a new app message for opening files. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

You'll need a new app message for opening files.

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

You'll need a new app message for opening files.

1. You'll need a new app message for opening files. - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  3. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  6. You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You'll need a new app to open this .exe file: A couple of things, firstly I am unable to open ANY application unless I run as administrator, or else "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" appears. This dialogue box also appears every now and then which is insanely annoying. I am unable to open apps on the...
  7. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...