Windows 10: "You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up when clicking a link in a program

Discus and support "You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up when clicking a link in a program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've seen many threads where people report this problem, and zero solutions, so I'm hoping this time will be different. One of my programs, Wrike,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CVaops, Dec 12, 2019.

1. CVaops Win User

"You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up when clicking a link in a program

I've seen many threads where people report this problem, and zero solutions, so I'm hoping this time will be different.

One of my programs, Wrike, includes links to Google Drive files. It used to be that when I clicked the link, it would open the Google Drive file in my browser window. Now, when I click the link, I get the "You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up message. If I click the option to find an app in the Microsoft store, it searches the store for the word "about" and doesn't find anything.

I have seen this reported for all different types of programs, so I doubt the problem is Wrike or Google Drive. The common denominator here is Windows 10. Please advise.

:)

CVaops, Dec 12, 2019

2. adf.ly pop-up opens when I click a link

WHEN I CLICK TO OPEN SOMETHING, SOME THING ELSE OPENS AND BLOCKED TO SEE WHAT I WANT TO LOOK.

EXAMPLE: I CLICKED BOLLYWOOD A-Z (to see listing of movies from a to z in Desiweb.net) but "http//adf.ly" opens or some other ones opens and blocked to show from Desiweb.net. Even I opened as New Tab or New Windows, still these comes up.

There is nothing there in tool of Internet Explorer to block this pop-up.

The tool only allows to have wanted website open when pop-up blocker is turned on. The pop-up blocker is not effective as most of the unwanted pop-up still comes up.

Any suggestions how to block these. Microsoft has no suggestions to tell perhaps the programmers are not so smart as thes pop-up window programmers.

Original title: RAMESH

Moved from Internet Explorer

RAMESHGOPAL, Dec 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Dec 12, 2019
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up when clicking a link in a program

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

"You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up when clicking a link in a program

1. "You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up when clicking a link in a program - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: so i just upgraded to windows 11 from windows updates. and everytime i try to open windows defender i got this little pop up window. someone please help me. os build: 22000.675...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this taskbarx link"

"You'll need a new app to open this taskbarx link": I recently got updated to Windows 11. Prior to that, I had TaskbarX by Chris Andriessen installed via Microsoft Store. Right after I received the Windows 11 update, I uninstalled TaskbarX not sure how, either thru Windows Settings or Microsoft Store.Since the uninstall, every...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: Hi, I have connected 2 new PC's and 1 laptop to an exsisting AD. When I log in with a non-admin domain account the store is not available as are the 'basic' windows 10 apps. windowsdefender, calculator, etc I can see the Windows defender shield icon next to the clock but...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link: Hi. I dont remember when this all started but when I open a game I always get 'you'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link' I know you can just close it but it is very annoying to close it every time. I don't have Xbox cuz i uninstalled it. I had no Xbox console...
  9. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-calculator link" pop up spam

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-calculator link" pop up spam: I want to get rid of this pop up. Due to one day when Microsoft store calculator started opening everytime I pressed the down arrow and random number keys, I deleted it via powershell. Now just this pop up comes up everytime I press said keys. I noticed when I have task...
  10. Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About"

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About": I get this pop-up often when i click or right click on items: You'll need a new app to open this about. Look for an app in the Store Always use this app OK When I click on the first option I get "Your search for "about" had no results." When I click on "Always use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-calculator link

2. ms-calculator link how to removed message

3. ms calculator link