Windows 10: You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

Discus and support You'll need a new app to open this .exe file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple of things, firstly I am unable to open ANY application unless I run as administrator, or else "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nyi_, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Nyi_ Win User

You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

A couple of things, firstly I am unable to open ANY application unless I run as administrator, or else "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" appears.

This dialogue box also appears every now and then which is insanely annoying.

I am unable to open apps on the taskbar, it will show the file path then say "Application not found".

I tried to download Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Strangely I am unable to open the Windows10Upgrade9295.exe I tried one of the solutions I found elsewhere which was to update Windows. When I try to run as administrator, this appears:

You'll need a new app to open this .exe file ddb6f523-47a5-47b7-90f8-0bc113027ef1?upload=true.png

What I have tried:

1. Run safe mode
    2. Check whether the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command default value data is “%1” %*
    3. Run a scan with MalwareBytes
    4. Attempted to upgrade windows but unable to open the exe file to upgrade it

I would really appreciate it if anyone here can help me. Many thanks!

:)

2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Aug 24, 2020
  3. You need a new app to open this .exe file

you'll need a new app to open this .exe file

يوسفناصر, Aug 24, 2020
  4. DaniKosto Win User

Windows 10 : you'll need a new app to open this .exe file

Hello. I have a huge problem .. every time i try to open any .exe file windows shows me you'll need a new app to open this .exe file and is putting me chose from a list .. but is not working at all i can't install any app. So i tried to reinstall windows
    10 by recovery and was no help still same problem and idk what to do.

For example after reinstall i downloaded chrome.exe.. and tried on administrator rights open and iti did open but failed to install i have no clue what to do please help !!

DaniKosto, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. You'll need a new app to open this .exe file - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  3. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  6. You'll need a new app to open this .exe file Error in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You'll need a new app to open this .exe file Error in Windows: Hi yes, I was just wondering why my windows defender is not allowing me to open the firewall or anything related to windows defender. IS there any way to fix this or can I just disable windows defender in general?...
  7. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...