Windows 10: you'll need a new app to open this magnet

Discus and support you'll need a new app to open this magnet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i click on a magnet to download, i get the above message and can't do anything. Can anyone help?*Sad 42198 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gabblack666, Feb 26, 2016.

1. you'll need a new app to open this magnet

when i click on a magnet to download, i get the above message and can't do anything.

Can anyone help?*Sad

:)

gabblack666, Feb 26, 2016

2. Store won't open "you'll need a new app to open this MS-windows store."

The icon is gray and I get this message when trying to open the Store App. "This app can't open. There's a problem with Store. Please contact your system administrator about repair or re-installation."
    In settings/system/apps it shows the gray icon and states it's unavailable. Please tell me how to repair and/or reinstall the app.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Linda Weaver

There is a glitch in this app

Linda G.Weaver, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Store won't open "you'll need a new app to open this MS-windows store."

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue persists, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 26, 2016
  4. you'll need a new app to open this magnet

Hi gabblack666,

I was having this problem, googled it up and then updated the torrent downloader I was using and that fixed my magnet link problem.
    If that were not to work, I would try a different downloader; I currently use both BitTorrent and Tixati successfully with magnet links.

Good Luck

DaveGrant01, Feb 26, 2016
  5. Hi Dave and thanks for the reply.
    I updated utorrent but still no luck. will try a different downlaoder.

cheers

gabblack666, Feb 27, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    Are you sure its not the website trying to get you to download some PUP or malware

sml156, Feb 28, 2016
  7. This problem persists in Windows 10 and Edge. Some people mistakenly think it can be resolved by associating "magnet links" files with the relevant bittorrent downloader in Control Panel. It cannot. "Magnetic Links" is not a file type. There is a file type called .torrent, but that is not the issue here. "Magnetic Links" are not files. They are more like an instruction to the browser or bittorrent downloader to do something. Upgrading to Windows 10 seems to make the Edge and IE browsers forget what to do with the instruction in a "magnetic link". I have seen nothing that explains how this can be restored.

halfhearted, Mar 14, 2017
  8. you'll need a new app to open this magnet

Open you torrent program of choice with Admin power. Then in the options of said program tell it to associate with torrent files and magnet links, etc.

logicearth, Mar 14, 2017
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I don't use Windows for Torrents -- if you must use some of these sites for downloading then I suggest using a Linux VM -- that way you'll 99.9% avoid malware etc.

Then use a DECENT torrent client like Deluge

Then if you need torrents from that well known site flying "The Jolly Rodger" !! simply on the torrent use "copy link location" on the magnet symbol and then on the client say add torrent from URL.

(Right mouse click on the magnet symbol or torrent link)

you'll need a new app to open this magnet [​IMG]

No ads etc - very safe torrent client.

Use TOR to mask IP if using some of these sites too. Perplexes ISP from tracing download IP's and screws up silly Court stuff that some countries use to stop people accesssing "known file sharing sites".

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

you'll need a new app to open this magnet

1. you'll need a new app to open this magnet - Similar Threads - you'll need app

2. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: Hello All, I try to open anything in the "Windows Security" page in Settings, it prompts me to open it with a new app and the only thing available is the Microsoft Store. I click "Virus & threat protection," and the prompt comes up with "You'll need a new app to open this...
  4. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  5. You'll need a new App to open this duellinks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new App to open this duellinks: Hello. I have downloaded a game off of steam called Duel Links. I have this game on my IOS phone, and there is a feature called Konami ID which allows you to transfer data between devices, which I have set up. When I click on the Transfer data settings in-game, it takes my to...
  6. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender: Good Day, I just got a new computer with a windows 10 home in it. I want to turn off windows defender but I cant seem to turn it off. It gives a pop up that says 'You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender'. This is affecting other window settings I wish to...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: I keep getting stuff from Windows Defender and I want to open it but then I get the error in the title. I have Avast (free version) but I was getting the error before I installed Avast. How do I fix this? If you do need it here is my computer's specs Dell Latitude E6530...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youll need a new app to open this magnet

2. app to open magnet on windows

3. youll need a new app to open this magnet link

4. you need an app for this magnet link,
  5. youll need a new magnet tool to open this,
  6. youle need a new app to open this magnet link,
  7. you will need a new app to open this magnet link,
  8. youll need a new map to open this magnet,
  9. you will need a new app to open this magnet,
  10. delete you will need a new app to open magnet,
  11. app to open magnet windows 10,