Windows 10: You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web

Discus and support You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web in Cortana to solve the problem; I cant open any web results in the Cortana search, when I try to it opens the error box with the text "You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web"... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by liamvan2, Jun 20, 2019.

1. liamvan2 Win User

You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web

I cant open any web results in the Cortana search, when I try to it opens the error box with the text "You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web" can anyone help

:)

liamvan2, Jun 20, 2019
  2. XTL
    xTL Win User

You’ll need a new app to open this ms-paint error

@tomyfr
    Just to make it simple for you, just could always do this You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web :)

You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web [​IMG]

If you don't get Paint 3D in the list as i do, simply press Choose another app, and pick Paint 3D in the list.

But if you want to fix the context menu download,
    Default Programs Editor (Context Menu) > run the program > find the correct file type > edit the filetype > done.

3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 20, 2019
  4. You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web

Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web

1. You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc: You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-wpc/43bb3a1f-f6a4-4eea-a5ee-34198bdba2c6
  3. You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc: You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-wpc/43bb3a1f-f6a4-4eea-a5ee-34198bdba2c6
  4. You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh: When I try to sign into my microsoft account from the settings panel, it tells me "You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh". It tells me to find an app in the microsoft store to proceed but no app was found. How can I log into my microsoft account?...
  5. You'll need an new app to open this ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You'll need an new app to open this ms-wpc: Every time I log into my computer, I keep getting this error, with everything on my computer gone. Is there a way to get rid of it without using the Administrator privilege? [ATTACH]...
  6. Uninstall Cortana - You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web

in Cortana
    Uninstall Cortana - You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web: Hi, Destructions please as to how to uninstall the mess that is Cortana, I've crashed and burned trying too fix; "You'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web" The trouble shooting option hasn't worked for me, simplest solution is dump MS search options. Any ideas /...
  7. You will need new app ms-appx-web for preview

in Cortana
    You will need new app ms-appx-web for preview: Preview on Cortana doesn't work anymore. It was fine until about a month ago. The whole Cortana window has changed as well. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. It just will not search the web anymore, saying "preview isn't available right now, you will need a new...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices: Hello. I recently had the ms-gamingoverlay pop-up but i solved it by going to the Microsoft store and downloading Xbox game bar. Sometimes when i launch a game i get a new pop-up saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices" i tried the same method by going to...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx: I have a new PC I set up the main login account as me then set up a user for my child. When I log into to my child's new account I get this message "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx" as soon as I log in and I cannot do anything on this user account....
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Browsers and Email
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-appx-web

2. ms-appx-web cant open

3. youll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web

4. youll need a new app to open this,
  5. ms appx web cant open,
  6. ms-appx-web need new app,
  7. ms-appx-web cortana,
  8. ms-appx-web error,
  9. ms-appx-web not working,
  10. cortana ms-appx-web,
  11. youll need a new app to open this ms wp,