Windows 10: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay"

Discus and support "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I'm having an issue with Windows game bar. Whenever I press Win+G to screen record, I get a pop-up telling me, "You'll need a new app to open this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vedentine, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Vedentine Win User

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay"

Hi I'm having an issue with Windows game bar. Whenever I press Win+G to screen record, I get a pop-up telling me, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay." Not only this, but when I open up apps and google as well, I still receive the same pop-up. Sure I can turn off the game bar in my settings and I won't get the pop-up anymore, but I want to be able to use the game bar feature. I've read other forums similar to my own, but none have been able to solve my issue yet. Please help me with this issue, thanks!

:)

Vedentine, Nov 18, 2018

2. MS-GAMINGOVERLAY

MY WIN 10 KEEPS ASKING ME YOULL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS MS-GAMINGOVERLAY

danielfraser1, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Gamebar does not open, opens an app selection window instead, saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay" on Windows 1803

masterchief1167,

New development, I'd like for you to check your regedit and go into HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT then go to ms-gamingoverlay.

What do you see?

The entries on the right are as follows:

Name: (Default)

Type: REG_SZ

Data: URL:ms-gamingoverlay

Name: URL Protocol

Type: REG_SZ

Data: This value is left blank.

I'd like for you to send me an image through Imgur or another provider and send me the URL. Keep me posted.

Ethan B., Nov 18, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay" :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

1. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay" - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. At Game startup: 'You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link' with clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At Game startup: 'You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link' with clean...: Dear Microsoft Support Team, dear community,I recently did a clean installation of Win11 on my PC. I went with the N version, so no unnecessary Apps from Microsoft.The issue I have is, once I start a game from Steam, a Popup appears:I already did some Online Research and...
  3. At Game startup: 'You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link' with clean...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At Game startup: 'You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link' with clean...: Dear Microsoft Support Team, dear community,I recently did a clean installation of Win11 on my PC. I went with the N version, so no unnecessary Apps from Microsoft.The issue I have is, once I start a game from Steam, a Popup appears:I already did some Online Research and...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc: You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-wpc/43bb3a1f-f6a4-4eea-a5ee-34198bdba2c6
  5. Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay: Hello, I encountered a problem when press win+G, attempting to do screen recordings A window poped up saying that new applications is needed to open this ms-gamingoverlay. And it seems that I cannot install the Xbox gaming overlay through powershell, the package just seems...
  6. Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay

in Windows 10 Support
    Need new applications to open ms-gamingoverlay: Hello, I encountered a problem when press win+G, attempting to do screen recordings A window poped up saying that new applications is needed to open this ms-gamingoverlay. And it seems that I cannot install the Xbox gaming overlay through powershell, the package just seems...
  7. You'll need an new app to open this ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You'll need an new app to open this ms-wpc: Every time I log into my computer, I keep getting this error, with everything on my computer gone. Is there a way to get rid of it without using the Administrator privilege? [ATTACH]...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices: Hello. I recently had the ms-gamingoverlay pop-up but i solved it by going to the Microsoft store and downloading Xbox game bar. Sometimes when i launch a game i get a new pop-up saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices" i tried the same method by going to...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx: I have a new PC I set up the main login account as me then set up a user for my child. When I log into to my child's new account I get this message "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx" as soon as I log in and I cannot do anything on this user account....
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Browsers and Email
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-gamingoverlay

2. ms-gamingoverlay app

3. youll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay

4. ms-gaming overlay,
  5. ms gaming overlay,
  6. ms-gaming overlay popping up,
  7. youll need a new app to open ms-gamingoverlay,
  8. ms gamingoverlay install,
  9. ms gaming overlay download,
  10. google gaming overlay,
  11. ms gaming overlay popup message,
  12. ms-gamingoverlay you need a new app,
  13. wha do i do when a tab says youll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay link,
  14. how to get rid of the tab that pops up and says youll need a new app to open this ms- gamingoverlay?,
  15. youll need a new app to open this ms gamingoverlay