Windows 10: You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link

Discus and support You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Earlier today, my Win 10 Home edition laptop was updated to Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356) Everything went fine and everything, as far as I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustRayInWisconsin, Sep 10, 2019.

1. You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link

Earlier today, my Win 10 Home edition laptop was updated to Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356)

Everything went fine and everything, as far as I can tell works as before.

Except for ....

I receive the following pop up window every time I click ....

Start

Settings

Update & Security

Then in the upper right corner, "Explore new features"

Here's what it looks like.

You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link 819b24bf-4475-487c-804e-955a24facdb1?upload=true.jpg

I ran

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and

sfc/scannow

All without error and the issue remains.

Pretty minor problem when I read what others are dealing with but I would still like to ask ....

Has anyone else experienced this after the update to Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356) ?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestion as to how I might try to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

:)

JustRayInWisconsin, Sep 10, 2019
  2. AlRaven Win User

you'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link

just had an update, trying to see "Whats new in this update" and I get "you'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link"

Ver 1903

OS build 18362.267

AlRaven, Sep 10, 2019
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    You’ll need a new app to open this ms-paint error

@tomyfr
    Just to make it simple for you, just could always do this You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link :)

You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link [​IMG]

If you don't get Paint 3D in the list as i do, simply press Choose another app, and pick Paint 3D in the list.

But if you want to fix the context menu download,
    Default Programs Editor (Context Menu) > run the program > find the correct file type > edit the filetype > done.

4. You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link

Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link

1. You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-calculator link" pop up spam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-calculator link" pop up spam: I want to get rid of this pop up. Due to one day when Microsoft store calculator started opening everytime I pressed the down arrow and random number keys, I deleted it via powershell. Now just this pop up comes up everytime I press said keys. I noticed when I have task...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices: Hello. I recently had the ms-gamingoverlay pop-up but i solved it by going to the Microsoft store and downloading Xbox game bar. Sometimes when i launch a game i get a new pop-up saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices" i tried the same method by going to...
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc": Hello everyone, As my first post to the community, this may be a little amateur, but I'll try my best. Every time I try to launch an app (Google Chrome, Spotify, Discord, etc.) it does not launch my app, and says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc". I've searched...
  5. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx: I have a new PC I set up the main login account as me then set up a user for my child. When I log into to my child's new account I get this message "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx" as soon as I log in and I cannot do anything on this user account....
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay": Hi I'm having an issue with Windows game bar. Whenever I press Win+G to screen record, I get a pop-up telling me, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay." Not only this, but when I open up apps and google as well, I still receive the same pop-up. Sure I can turn...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  8. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Browsers and Email
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842
  9. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youll need a new app to open ms-window-store link

2. need a new app to open ms-getstarted-link

3. How can I fix this message Youll need a new app to open this ms-paint link

4. youll need a new app to open ms-paint link,
  5. ms wpc app,
  6. you need a new app to open this MS-Get-Started link to open