Windows 10: You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link.

Discus and support You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm getting the error above when attempting to take a new snip in snip and sketch. It doesn't do anything when I use `Win+shift+S` or Print Screen I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JuhJuhButt, Aug 11, 2020.

1. You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link.

I'm getting the error above when attempting to take a new snip in snip and sketch. It doesn't do anything when I use `Win+shift+S` or Print Screen I changed the settings so that it activates snip and sketch.

I have tried resetting/uninstalling it, and it persists through reboots. I'm in the Windows Insiders Beta channel, on build 19041.388. I'm also using Win10 Pro rather than Home, if that makes a difference. I doubt this is related, but I'm signed into my dad's account on the MS Store so that I can get Game Pass on my computer. I am on my own user account, the sole admin of this machine.

:)

JuhJuhButt, Aug 11, 2020

2. Ms-screenclip-link missing in windows

Recently i resetted my windows 10 pc. My pc is the newest version of windows. With that reset came this weird problem. When i wanted to do windows-shift-s nothing happened. So i decided to open the snip and sketch app to look at what happens. When i click
    in snip and sketch on new, i get this menu which says: u need a new app to open this ms-screenclip-link. So i decided to reset snip and sketch, didnt solve the problem. I fully removed the app, and reinstalled it, didnt solve the problem. I resetted the windows
    store, didnt help. I run the troubleshooter for windows apps, but that didnt work out as well.

When i go and take a look at the standard apps linked to protocols by going to settings - apps - default apps - set default apps by protocol, the ms-screenclip-link protocol is missing. I only get the ms-screensketch protocol. I think when i fix the protocol,
    so fix that i will have the missing protocol, the windows-shift-s shortcut will start working again.

Do i miss something? Do i do something wrong?

Can i fix this in some way? Thank your for the help in advance!

Edit: I've done the commands sfc /scannow and tge dism command in an elevated command prompt, but unfortunately that didn't solve the issue.

NathanVerkerk, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Dewes Win User
    Ms-screenclip-link missing in windows

I have the same problem. And so, I am adding some more info to help.

I tried all the steps that you did with no resolution at all.

The protocol ms-screenclip is missing from the Default Program as seen:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link. b94f36bb-da58-4ff1-b9b8-3747f98c550a?upload=true.png

But it does exist in registry:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link. 29a786e2-22dd-47ed-8bba-968b89fb89ad?upload=true.png

But I was unnable to make it work.

Dewes, Aug 11, 2020
  4. You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link.

You'll need a new app to open this ms- screenclip link

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you’re receiving the pop-up message when accessing an application on your PC. I will certainly try my best to assist you with the issue.

Based on the error message, it looks like you’re trying to access Snip & Sketch application and you receive the error message. Let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if we can fix the issue.

Method 1: Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows +
    I to open Settings

2. Now click on Apps and select
    Apps & features

3. Search for Snip & Sketch and click on it

4. Select Advanced options

5. Scroll down and click on
    Reset

Method 2: Re-register the app

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Restart the PC.

Method 3: Re-install Snip & Sketch

Try re-installing the app from
    Microsoft Store
    and see if you’re able to access it normally.

Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link.

1. You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link. - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: settings won't open and i'm trying to open minecraft on a school computer but the microsoft store is missing and win + r and win + x works but if i try to type anything in there it just says access denied. windows powershell admin doesn't open cause i don't have an admin...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this ms-screensketch link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-screensketch link: Hello,I am having trouble with my computer not being able to open apps. I don't see the Microsoft store.I have tried multiple solutions, but nothing seems to be working. When I try this solution, I get errors. I am unable to use snipping tool. Press Windows + X keys together...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this ms-screensketch link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-screensketch link: Hello,I am having trouble with my computer not being able to open apps. I don't see the Microsoft store.I have tried multiple solutions, but nothing seems to be working. When I try this solution, I get errors. I am unable to use snipping tool. Press Windows + X keys together...
  5. You'll need a new app to open this ms-screensketch link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh link: I am trying to sign in to my Microsoft account through the setting page on my PC and I keep getting a pop-up that says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh link". When I look for an app in the Microsoft Store there are no results found. The only solution I found is one...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh link: I am trying to sign in to my Microsoft account through the setting page on my PC and I keep getting a pop-up that says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh link". When I look for an app in the Microsoft Store there are no results found. The only solution I found is one...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. You'll need a new app to open ms-screenclip link

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You'll need a new app to open ms-screenclip link: I open the action center and click screen clip because I wanted to take a screenshot of my homework but if I click it than it shows up with "you'll need a new app to open ms-screenclip link " https://ibb.co/q1NyYyB submitted by /u/TenseRaptor [link] [comments]...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link: Earlier today, my Win 10 Home edition laptop was updated to Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356) Everything went fine and everything, as far as I can tell works as before. Except for .... I receive the following pop up window every time I click .... Start Settings Update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms screenclip