Windows 10: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"

Discus and support "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello everyone, As my first post to the community, this may be a little amateur, but I'll try my best. Every time I try to launch an app (Google... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PalashAwasthi, Apr 26, 2019.

1. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"

Hello everyone,

As my first post to the community, this may be a little amateur, but I'll try my best.

Every time I try to launch an app (Google Chrome, Spotify, Discord, etc.) it does not launch my app, and says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc". I've searched on other forums and have found other people having the same issue and have tried some solutions, but none have worked for me.

My account is a Microsoft account, so in the login screen, I log in with "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" (I blurred it for security).

My father had blocked a few applications, and those are the applications that have the issue with them. He then, later, changed my account to a guest account, then changed it back. During the period of being a guest account, the family restrictions were still in place, and I did not lose any apps. I did, however, lose all my files saved on the hard drive of my computer. The issues started with the guest account, where the ms-wpc notice would pop up, but the application would still launch. Later, my father changed my account back from a guest account. That's when things really went south.

My father unblocked almost all of the things he previously blocked, but all those applications that were previously blocked did not launch.

So here I am. If anyone has a solution, please let me know!

Here's a screenshot to what happens:

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" [​IMG]

:)

PalashAwasthi, Apr 26, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 26, 2019
  3. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc, how do I fix this

Hi Christianna,

There are several reasons why the "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" message appears on your PC. It can be due to a corrupted user profile or the store app is missing or broken. For us to better assist you, we'd like to request
    for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried creating a new user profile to check if it will show the same behavior?
    • Are you getting the pop-up message when opening or installing apps?

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 26, 2019
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"

"You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"
    I don't even know how to download whatever that is.

Thank you for any help!

HeyPeoplez, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"

1. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender: Good Day, I just got a new computer with a windows 10 home in it. I want to turn off windows defender but I cant seem to turn it off. It gives a pop up that says 'You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender'. This is affecting other window settings I wish to...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx: I have a new PC I set up the main login account as me then set up a user for my child. When I log into to my child's new account I get this message "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx" as soon as I log in and I cannot do anything on this user account....
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay": Hi I'm having an issue with Windows game bar. Whenever I press Win+G to screen record, I get a pop-up telling me, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay." Not only this, but when I open up apps and google as well, I still receive the same pop-up. Sure I can turn...
  5. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  6. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  7. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Browsers and Email
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842
  8. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842
  9. you'll need a new app to open this magnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you'll need a new app to open this magnet: when i click on a magnet to download, i get the above message and can't do anything. Can anyone help?*Sad 42198
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-wpc issue

2. youll need a new app to open this ms-wpc