Windows 10: "You'll need a new app to open this vnd.youtube link" Embedded youtube links in Windows 10...

Discus and support "You'll need a new app to open this vnd.youtube link" Embedded youtube links in Windows 10... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I removed some built in bloatware although I probably removed atleast one too many. I know that I could do a repair by holding down shift and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jonastorstensson, Oct 4, 2019.

1. "You'll need a new app to open this vnd.youtube link" Embedded youtube links in Windows 10...

Hi!

I removed some built in bloatware although I probably removed atleast one too many. I know that I could do a repair by holding down shift and click restart or just reinstall altogether but that is a hassle.

Can I lookup what package Messenger needs to open the embedded youtube links? I.e. which default Windows 10 app is used and dependent by Messenger?

"You'll need a new app to open this vnd.youtube link" Embedded youtube links in Windows 10... 7780c8f3-9737-4e08-858d-221491c33398?upload=true.png

:)

jonastorstensson, Oct 4, 2019

2. windows 10 messenger app wont open embedded youtube link

Hi there

That's the whole problem, that link finds nothing on Microsoft. I've also tried downloading some alternative youtube like apps but none of them get recognize by the youtube link in Windows 10 messenger app. The actual Youtube app that is available on our
    cell phones is not available in the MS store.

Which doesn't make any sense considering how popular Youtube is.

Dan

Dan Norman, Oct 4, 2019
  3. windows 10 messenger app wont open embedded youtube link

I have a youtube link sent to me in messenger, however when I open windows 10 messenger, it says you need an app to open vnd.youtube. It opens fine on Android or iPhone. How do I resolve this.

Thanks

Dan

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Dan Norman, Oct 4, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

"You'll need a new app to open this vnd.youtube link" Embedded youtube links in Windows 10...

Quoting embedded Youtube videos.

Would it be possible to make is to when someone quotes a post with an embedded youtube video, it converts the video into a link, similar to quoting pictures?

I just think it would make the forums cleaner, especially as more people are using the embedded youtube feature.

newtekie1, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

"You'll need a new app to open this vnd.youtube link" Embedded youtube links in Windows 10...

1. "You'll need a new app to open this vnd.youtube link" Embedded youtube links in Windows 10... - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: so i just upgraded to windows 11 from windows updates. and everytime i try to open windows defender i got this little pop up window. someone please help me. os build: 22000.675...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

"You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  7. "You'll need a new app to open this taskbarx link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this taskbarx link": I recently got updated to Windows 11. Prior to that, I had TaskbarX by Chris Andriessen installed via Microsoft Store. Right after I received the Windows 11 update, I uninstalled TaskbarX not sure how, either thru Windows Settings or Microsoft Store.Since the uninstall, every...
  8. "You'll need a new app to open this taskbarx link"

"You'll need a new app to open this taskbarx link": I recently got updated to Windows 11. Prior to that, I had TaskbarX by Chris Andriessen installed via Microsoft Store. Right after I received the Windows 11 update, I uninstalled TaskbarX not sure how, either thru Windows Settings or Microsoft Store.Since the uninstall, every...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: Hi, I have connected 2 new PC's and 1 laptop to an exsisting AD. When I log in with a non-admin domain account the store is not available as are the 'basic' windows 10 apps. windowsdefender, calculator, etc I can see the Windows defender shield icon next to the clock but...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link: Hi. I dont remember when this all started but when I open a game I always get 'you'll need a new app to open this msgamingoverlay link' I know you can just close it but it is very annoying to close it every time. I don't have Xbox cuz i uninstalled it. I had no Xbox console...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vnd.youtube download

2. vnd.youtube

3. vnd.youtube link

4. youll need a new app to open this link,
  5. ms-calculator link,
  6. vnd.youtube.link,
  7. windows 10 youll need a new app to open this ms-calculator link