Windows 10: "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error

Discus and support "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; New install of WIN10 build 1809 yesterday. When I try to open any section of "windows security" I get this small window appear. I see someone else... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChetNoo, Feb 22, 2019.

1. ChetNoo Win User

"You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error

New install of WIN10 build 1809 yesterday.

When I try to open any section of "windows security" I get this small window appear. I see someone else fixed this problem by going through cortana but that didn't work for me.

Also there is a pop up with a similar window when I try to open some other apps (happened 2 or 3 times today) but the window says "You'll need a new app from the app store to open this".

The radio box "next" or "OK" that is on the popup just disappears the window.

Basically I'm not allowed access to the protection areas in windows security.

:)

ChetNoo, Feb 22, 2019
  2. SDipBlue Win User

new install Windows 10 1809 - You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

New computer - all clean, installed windows 10 pro v1809 - All works, but Anything I click on that pertains to windows security (in settings) - simply brings up a dialog box "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" and does nothing else. Not
    even sure windows defender is on with this error. Others since late Dec 2018 are reporting this as well - No solution yet. Please help. Tried all obvious stuff.

SDipBlue, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender"   error :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: so i just upgraded to windows 11 from windows updates. and everytime i try to open windows defender i got this little pop up window. someone please help me. os build: 22000.675...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: Hi, I have connected 2 new PC's and 1 laptop to an exsisting AD. When I log in with a non-admin domain account the store is not available as are the 'basic' windows 10 apps. windowsdefender, calculator, etc I can see the Windows defender shield icon next to the clock but...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: Hello All, I try to open anything in the "Windows Security" page in Settings, it prompts me to open it with a new app and the only thing available is the Microsoft Store. I click "Virus & threat protection," and the prompt comes up with "You'll need a new app to open this...
  9. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender: Good Day, I just got a new computer with a windows 10 home in it. I want to turn off windows defender but I cant seem to turn it off. It gives a pop up that says 'You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender'. This is affecting other window settings I wish to...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: I keep getting stuff from Windows Defender and I want to open it but then I get the error in the title. I have Avast (free version) but I was getting the error before I installed Avast. How do I fix this? If you do need it here is my computer's specs Dell Latitude E6530...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you need a new application to open windows defender

2. you need a new app to open this windowsdefender

3. you will need a new app to open this windowsdefender

4. we need a new app to open windows defender,
  5. youll need an app to open windows defender,
  6. my pc says i need a new app to open windows defender antiviris,
  7. app to open windows defender,
  8. why does it say i need a new app to open windowdefender?,
  9. says needs new app to open windows defender,
  10. need a new app windows defender,
  11. what app do i need to open windows defender,