Windows 10: You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

Discus and support You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have connected 2 new PC's and 1 laptop to an exsisting AD. When I log in with a non-admin domain account the store is not available as are the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CihanNMK, Feb 18, 2021.

1. CihanNMK Win User

You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

Hi,

I have connected 2 new PC's and 1 laptop to an exsisting AD.

When I log in with a non-admin domain account the store is not available as are the 'basic' windows 10 apps. windowsdefender, calculator, etc

I can see the Windows defender shield icon next to the clock but clicking it to open it gives the error message as seen in the subject.

Using the calculator shortcut on the keyboard gives the same message but with calculator instead of windowsdefender.

I found a couple of tips which did not solve the issue.

1. typing the following in an elevated powershell.

Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode “C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml”

2. using the cortana workarround.

I managed to make the apps available on 1 of the devices by resetting/reinstalling windows.

It did not work on the other PC and also not on the laptop

When Logged in as local admin or domain admin the previously mentioned apps are all available and running properly.

Device information:

PC:

Dell OptiPlex 3080@ Windows 10 Pro 20H2

laptop:

Dell Vostro 3500@ Windows10 Pro 20H2

:)

CihanNMK, Feb 18, 2021

2. Youll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link pops up

GenevaBarney, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Windows Security error message "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

Hello,

I've just gotten a brand new Acer laptop running Windows 10 Home (OS Build 18362.267), and I'm getting the error message "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" when I try to click on any options in the Windows Security page in Settings
    (Open Windows Security, Virus & threat protection, Account protection, etc.). It gives me the option to look for an app in the Microsoft Store, but there's no app listed when I do that.

Any idea how to fix this?

ElishaJean, Feb 18, 2021
  4. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

1. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: so i just upgraded to windows 11 from windows updates. and everytime i try to open windows defender i got this little pop up window. someone please help me. os build: 22000.675...
  3. you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: so i just upgraded to windows 11 from windows updates. and everytime i try to open windows defender i got this little pop up window. someone please help me. os build: 22000.675...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  5. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

"You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  7. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  8. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" fix: Hi this post is to help people with windows 10 and 11 windows security not workingOn windows 11 do this1 launch powershell as an admin2 Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted3 Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" fix

"You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" fix: Hi this post is to help people with windows 10 and 11 windows security not workingOn windows 11 do this1 launch powershell as an admin2 Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted3 Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: Hello All, I try to open anything in the "Windows Security" page in Settings, it prompts me to open it with a new app and the only thing available is the Microsoft Store. I click "Virus & threat protection," and the prompt comes up with "You'll need a new app to open this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link