Windows 10: You'll need a new app to open this ...

Discus and support You'll need a new app to open this ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I disable this when launching games? 117704 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SightUp, Sep 11, 2018.

1. SightUp Win User

You'll need a new app to open this ...

How do I disable this when launching games?

:)

SightUp, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Sudheendra S Win User
    None of the new apps will open

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to know the detail below to assist you better with the issue.

• Do you get any error message/code?
    With regards to Start menu, I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    create a new user account and check if you still face the issue. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and clickOk.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    Now check if the issue persists in the new user account.

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Sudheendra S, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. You'll need a new app to open this ... - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  3. "You'll need to provide admin permission to..." - Problem/Need Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You'll need to provide admin permission to..." - Problem/Need Help: I took out a drive from from an old machine (circa 2007-2009). Machine died but the drive is fine. I plugged the drive into a BlacX USB drive docking station, and trying to copy/move files from this drive to my NAS. I'm getting "You'll need to provide administrator...
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Browsers and Email
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842
  6. You'll need the Internet for this 0xCAA30194 Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You'll need the Internet for this 0xCAA30194 Error: Hi! I've been trying to Set Up a Work or Education Account in Windows 10, but I've been getting an error saying that I need to be connected to the Internet (but I am). [img] [img] [img] How can I resolve this issue? I've tried some of the possible...
  7. Need Help with Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help with Apps not opening: I have a problem in which Google Chrome, Firefox and Steam do not open. In the toolbar the apps are indicated as opened and I hover over it with my mouse and click on it so the page would pop up but it wont. I don't know what to do so please give me some instructions on how...
  8. you'll need a new app to open this magnet

you'll need a new app to open this magnet: when i click on a magnet to download, i get the above message and can't do anything. Can anyone help?*Sad 42198
  9. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

"You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...
  10. Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About"

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About": I get this pop-up often when i click or right click on items: You'll need a new app to open this about. Look for an app in the Store Always use this app OK When I click on the first option I get "Your search for "about" had no results." When I click on "Always use...