Windows 10: you'll need a new app to open this

Discus and support you'll need a new app to open this in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Katherine Skrobela, Jan 16, 2020.

1. you'll need a new app to open this

Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking everywhere to try to get the Feedback Hub app so I can give the feedback that I can't get anywhwere, and I just can't find that app. I've got Windows 10 version 1809 OS build 17763.973

:)

Katherine Skrobela, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. you'll need a new app to open this :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 16, 2020
  4. you'll need a new app to open this

None of the new apps will open

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to know the detail below to assist you better with the issue.

• Do you get any error message/code?
    With regards to Start menu, I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    create a new user account and check if you still face the issue. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and clickOk.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    Now check if the issue persists in the new user account.

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Sudheendra S, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

you'll need a new app to open this

1. you'll need a new app to open this - Similar Threads - you'll need app

2. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: Hello All, I try to open anything in the "Windows Security" page in Settings, it prompts me to open it with a new app and the only thing available is the Microsoft Store. I click "Virus & threat protection," and the prompt comes up with "You'll need a new app to open this...
  4. You'll need a new App to open this duellinks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new App to open this duellinks: Hello. I have downloaded a game off of steam called Duel Links. I have this game on my IOS phone, and there is a feature called Konami ID which allows you to transfer data between devices, which I have set up. When I click on the Transfer data settings in-game, it takes my to...
  5. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender: Good Day, I just got a new computer with a windows 10 home in it. I want to turn off windows defender but I cant seem to turn it off. It gives a pop up that says 'You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender'. This is affecting other window settings I wish to...
  6. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: I keep getting stuff from Windows Defender and I want to open it but then I get the error in the title. I have Avast (free version) but I was getting the error before I installed Avast. How do I fix this? If you do need it here is my computer's specs Dell Latitude E6530...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. you'll need a new app to open this magnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you'll need a new app to open this magnet: when i click on a magnet to download, i get the above message and can't do anything. Can anyone help?*Sad 42198
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...