Windows 10: You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link

Discus and support You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I don't know what happened but i don't even know when it happened but my microsoft store is gone, just completely dissipated no trace its done. Don't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Aaronr3323, Jul 3, 2020.

1. You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link

I don't know what happened but i don't even know when it happened but my microsoft store is gone, just completely dissipated no trace its done.

Don't reply with the same old solutions i've tried every solution with windows powershell, I've reset my entire pc cleaned the drive and all and i did the wsreset command and the same message popped up, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link"

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKS

Im losing my mind i just want to download some apps that are windows exclusive and the store doesn't even exist for me. When i try using the website nothing happens because there isn't a store to go to!!!

my version isn't old either, I'm running on a Windows 10 Home 64x and I see nothing wrong with the pc itself other than the fact that microsoft is holding my store hostage!!!

:)

Aaronr3323, Jul 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Store not opening saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with the Windows Store and it won’t open and getting error message saying that

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store".

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Reset the Windows store

I would suggest you reset the Windows app store and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, "WSReset.exe" and hit enter.
    Method 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Also refer the link on You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store replied by
    sreesiv on August 8 2015,

You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Jul 3, 2020
  4. MYATAWNG Win User

You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link

You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store

"You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store" how to fix

MYATAWNG, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link

1. You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: settings won't open and i'm trying to open minecraft on a school computer but the microsoft store is missing and win + r and win + x works but if i try to type anything in there it just says access denied. windows powershell admin doesn't open cause i don't have an admin...
  3. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: settings won't open and i'm trying to open minecraft on a school computer but the microsoft store is missing and win + r and win + x works but if i try to type anything in there it just says access denied. windows powershell admin doesn't open cause i don't have an admin...
  4. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wsreset.exe produces "you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsreset.exe produces "you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link": I recently performed a Windows 10 reset because I couldn't install any apps from the Store. The whole issue I had is this basically - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-installation-error-code/20762a4d-b1c9-4dbb-a8a1-84f5e5187186But...
  6. wsreset.exe produces "you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link"

wsreset.exe produces "you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link": I recently performed a Windows 10 reset because I couldn't install any apps from the Store. The whole issue I had is this basically - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-installation-error-code/20762a4d-b1c9-4dbb-a8a1-84f5e5187186But...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this ms- windows-store link

You'll need a new app to open this ms- windows-store link: So it started saying this about a week ago and about 14 Microsoft apps said they can't open, and the Microsoft store wouldn't open. I even tried doing what everyone is replying to on other report like this which is like in Powershell: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach...
  8. You'll need a new app to open ms-screenclip link

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You'll need a new app to open ms-screenclip link: I open the action center and click screen clip because I wanted to take a screenshot of my homework but if I click it than it shows up with "you'll need a new app to open ms-screenclip link " https://ibb.co/q1NyYyB submitted by /u/TenseRaptor [link] [comments]...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link.

You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link.: I'm getting the error above when attempting to take a new snip in snip and sketch. It doesn't do anything when I use `Win+shift+S` or Print Screen I changed the settings so that it activates snip and sketch. I have tried resetting/uninstalling it, and it persists through...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: Hello, I'm having an issue where the Microsoft store won't open. I tried wsreset, installing via powershell keeps returning errors, tried the troubleshooter says windows store cache my be damaged and the way to fix it is via wsreset. I need help with this as I just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ms-Windows Store link