Windows 10: You'll need Admin permission to move this file

Discus and support You'll need Admin permission to move this file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to move a dmp file into a folder to upload here for another thread, but I get this message. [ATTACH] here's a s shot of my Manage Accounts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeFromSd, May 2, 2020.

1. JoeFromSd Win User

You'll need Admin permission to move this file

Trying to move a dmp file into a folder to upload here for another thread, but I get this message.

You'll need Admin permission to move this file 607624cc-e174-471e-9d4b-1d6ae3930e32?upload=true.png

here's a s shot of my Manage Accounts, aren't I the administrator? Obviously not so how would I correct this?? I just had Win 10 installed on this computer a month ago.

You'll need Admin permission to move this file 657fe747-f83d-4a95-9964-e50536b847c3?upload=true.png

:)

JoeFromSd, May 2, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 2, 2020
  3. Admin rights

Well now you see my issue. I am restarting explorer with admin permission, but nothing changes. It still says I need admin permission when I try to do anything with the files.

power_surge_perf, May 2, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. You'll need Admin permission to move this file - Similar Threads - You'll need Admin

2. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder.": In trying to copy a folder from a flash drive to my computer, I get the message "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."The instructions I have seen for fixing the problem seem dated and the problem unresolved but they say to go to 'Properties'...
  3. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder.": In trying to copy a folder from a flash drive to my computer, I get the message "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."The instructions I have seen for fixing the problem seem dated and the problem unresolved but they say to go to 'Properties'...
  4. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  6. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  7. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file"

"You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file": I've seen other locked threads about this, but none of them suggested solutions that I have been able to get to work. I am trying to copy MP3 files from an old computer to a new one, via an external hard drive. When I attempt to transfer them from the hard drive to the new...
  8. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file: Greetings, I am trying to copy some files from my old computer to my new one. Old computer is Windows 7 Pro. New computer is Windows 10 Pro. I'm using an external USB hard drive to do the transfer. Most files and folders are moving just fine. One will not copy from the...
  9. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": I get this message when I try deleting a file from one of my external backup drives: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" and when I try to copy a file to the drive I get: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this...
  10. "You'll need to provide admin permission to..." - Problem/Need Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You'll need to provide admin permission to..." - Problem/Need Help: I took out a drive from from an old machine (circa 2007-2009). Machine died but the drive is fine. I plugged the drive into a BlacX USB drive docking station, and trying to copy/move files from this drive to my NAS. I'm getting "You'll need to provide administrator...