Windows 10: You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

Discus and support You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Good Day, I just got a new computer with a windows 10 home in it. I want to turn off windows defender but I cant seem to turn it off. It gives a pop... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Laurence_111, Apr 12, 2019.

1. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

Good Day,

I just got a new computer with a windows 10 home in it. I want to turn off windows defender but I cant seem to turn it off. It gives a pop up that says 'You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender'. This is affecting other window settings I wish to open as well and it is annoying. Can anyone give me an immediate solution to this? Note it is a NEW windows 10 home. Thanks very much

:)

Laurence_111, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Greg Carmack - MVP, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 12, 2019
  4. rkaplan2 Win User

You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

Windows Security "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender"

Like the subject line reads, when I try to open anything in the "Windows Security" page in Settings, it prompts me to open it with a new app and the only thing available is the Microsoft Store. I click "Virus & threat protection," and the prompt comes up
    with "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" and only allows me to choose "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store." The same prompt appears if I try to click any other menu item in Windows Security.

This has been happening since I purchased this computer a couple of months ago. Everything is up to date. Picture below:

You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender 0ba892a9-b51f-4716-8047-f10c6ffeeaab?upload=true.png

rkaplan2, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

1. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender - Similar Threads - You'll need need

2. you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: so i just upgraded to windows 11 from windows updates. and everytime i try to open windows defender i got this little pop up window. someone please help me. os build: 22000.675...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: I'm using this command to try to fix it:You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender linkbut this is what shows up:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At...
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": I am using this command on powershell to get rid of the "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" message : Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"But it's not able...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link: Hi, I have connected 2 new PC's and 1 laptop to an exsisting AD. When I log in with a non-admin domain account the store is not available as are the 'basic' windows 10 apps. windowsdefender, calculator, etc I can see the Windows defender shield icon next to the clock but...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: Hello All, I try to open anything in the "Windows Security" page in Settings, it prompts me to open it with a new app and the only thing available is the Microsoft Store. I click "Virus & threat protection," and the prompt comes up with "You'll need a new app to open this...
  9. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error: New install of WIN10 build 1809 yesterday. When I try to open any section of "windows security" I get this small window appear. I see someone else fixed this problem by going through cortana but that didn't work for me. Also there is a pop up with a similar window when I...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: I keep getting stuff from Windows Defender and I want to open it but then I get the error in the title. I have Avast (free version) but I was getting the error before I installed Avast. How do I fix this? If you do need it here is my computer's specs Dell Latitude E6530...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

2. youll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link

3. youll need a new app to open this new windowsdefender?

4. windows defender settings is asking me to open with an app,
  5. youll need an app to open this windowsdefender link,
  6. you need new app to open windows defender.link,
  7. youll need a new app windows defender,
  8. you need a new link to open windows defenderlink,
  9. virus and threat protection Youll need a new app,
  10. windows defender desktop app,
  11. look for an app windowsdefender link,
  12. youll need a new app to open defender link,
  13. youll need an app to open windows defender,
  14. you need a new app to open windows defender,
  15. you will need a new app to open windowsdefender error