Windows 10: "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family

Discus and support "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Okay...Why is it that I can't open a PDF for my class? I need to read Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," yet, apparently, my family safety settings are... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Braden_324, Sep 22, 2022.

1. "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family

Okay...Why is it that I can't open a PDF for my class? I need to read Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," yet, apparently, my family safety settings are preventing me from doing this and this is NOT the only PDF the settings are preventing me from opening. I NEVER asked to be a part of this MS family stuff. I have NEVER registered for it. I don't know what it is or how I got it. But I HATE it! Get it OFF my computer. I've had this problem for months now on and off, but it's persisted now, and I have had enough... I just created a new Microsoft account - completely independent - yet now... SOME

:)

Braden_324, Sep 22, 2022

2. Family safety 'ask for permission' error

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• To isolate the issue, does this happen on other browsers as well?
    • Have you tried to clear the cache of the browser you're trying to use?
    • To confirm, kindly tell us how exactly have you turned off Family Safety?

We would suggest checking the other setting pages from the main family page to turn off family settings to possibly resolve this issue. kindly refer to this link

Turn off family settings in WIndows 10
    for the steps that you can follow to disable family settings.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 22, 2022
  4. "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family

Family Permissions

Hi,

For us to provide you the next step in troubleshooting this issue, we would like to gather more information:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to access the app?
    • What age is your account registered to?
    • How many accounts are registered under the family?
    • Are the other accounts also experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

"You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family

1. "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family - Similar Threads - You’ll need ask

2. "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family: Okay...Why is it that I can't open a PDF for my class? I need to read Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," yet, apparently, my family safety settings are preventing me from doing this and this is NOT the only PDF the settings are preventing me from opening. I NEVER asked to be a...
  3. "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family: Okay...Why is it that I can't open a PDF for my class? I need to read Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," yet, apparently, my family safety settings are preventing me from doing this and this is NOT the only PDF the settings are preventing me from opening. I NEVER asked to be a...
  4. You will need to ask an adult for permission to use this web site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You will need to ask an adult for permission to use this web site: Hi.I am the parent and family organiser in my group but I still get the "you will need to ask an adult for permission to use this website" message.How do I stop this. It is really annoying. it is usually when I try to buy something. I have re organised my family group but no...
  5. You’ll need to ask to use this site microsoft

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You’ll need to ask to use this site microsoft: Hello I understand that you parents want the best for your child, but do not put this timelimit on your children's computers if you are one of those parents you are a bad father for what you did then take it teens please tell me a way to remove a page that if I want to use...
  6. You’ll need the internet for this.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You’ll need the internet for this.: My computer says it doesnt look like your connected to the internet when i try to sign in evem though i have internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-the-internet-for-this/060d94fc-5bc4-4ae9-8e21-695c1540e388
  7. How to fix You’ll need to ask to use this site If you want to, just send a request to an...

How to fix You’ll need to ask to use this site If you want to, just send a request to an...: I've had this message You’ll need to ask to use this site If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family." pop up in a couple sites, and I left my family, made my age above 18, but still have the same issue. I don't want to use a different email, but it always...
  8. "You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family

"You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family: Hi there, As mentioned above, I am no longer a part of a family in Microsoft Family as of yesterday, yet I am still unable to access certain sites due to it requesting I ask an adult. Some background information, I am 21 years old and this is indicated in my account...
  9. “You’ll need to ask to use this site”

“You’ll need to ask to use this site”: I recently turned 18 and I wanted to go on nexusmods to add some mods to Fallout: new vegas but upon trying to enter the site, i got blocked by the “you’ll need to ask to use this site” page. I asked my family groups administrator if he still uses his old email and he said he...
  10. You’ll need a new app to open this ms-paint error

in Windows 10 Support
    You’ll need a new app to open this ms-paint error: On my Windows 10 x64 when I want to edit an image using the context menu option "Edit with Paint 3D" which is a Windows 10 built-in feature, I get this error. How to fix this please? 131237