Windows 10: "You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family

Discus and support "You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, As mentioned above, I am no longer a part of a family in Microsoft Family as of yesterday, yet I am still unable to access certain sites... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by stephenberry24, Feb 10, 2021.

1. "You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family

Hi there,

As mentioned above, I am no longer a part of a family in Microsoft Family as of yesterday, yet I am still unable to access certain sites due to it requesting I ask an adult. Some background information, I am 21 years old and this is indicated in my account information. I saw a thread on here last year mentioning you need to add a payment for your account to upgrade to adult this was for someone aged 18, who had just become an adult.

However, I have added several different types of payments my debit and paypal, also added yesterday, with no success. I haven't used my Microsoft account for a long time, as I have been using google chrome as my web browser up until yesterday. I'm hoping this can be resolved, as I would hate to have to go back to chrome over something as small as not being considered an adult of my non existent family :

:)

stephenberry24, Feb 10, 2021

2. Family safety 'ask for permission' error

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• To isolate the issue, does this happen on other browsers as well?
    • Have you tried to clear the cache of the browser you're trying to use?
    • To confirm, kindly tell us how exactly have you turned off Family Safety?

We would suggest checking the other setting pages from the main family page to turn off family settings to possibly resolve this issue. kindly refer to this link

Turn off family settings in WIndows 10
    for the steps that you can follow to disable family settings.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 10, 2021
  4. "You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

"You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family

1. "You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family - Similar Threads - You'll need ask

2. Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...: Cant open roblox because of this: Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox Im over the age limit and im not apart of a microsoft family...
  3. Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...: Cant open roblox because of this: Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox Im over the age limit and im not apart of a microsoft family...
  4. Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Roblox...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole: I just set up a new computer for my daughter. I went through the Microsoft Family setup process and disabled most of the security features. I tried downloading and installing Chrome and an error pops up that reads: "You'll need to ask to use this app." I then click "ask to...
  6. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole: I just set up a new computer for my daughter. I went through the Microsoft Family setup process and disabled most of the security features. I tried downloading and installing Chrome and an error pops up that reads: "You'll need to ask to use this app." I then click "ask to...
  7. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. "You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family

"You’ll need to ask to use this site" But I never registered for MS Family: Okay...Why is it that I can't open a PDF for my class? I need to read Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," yet, apparently, my family safety settings are preventing me from doing this and this is NOT the only PDF the settings are preventing me from opening. I NEVER asked to be a...
  9. Purchased a new computer and now receive this message "You'll need to ask to use this site....

Purchased a new computer and now receive this message "You'll need to ask to use this site....: I am over 50 years old and receiving the message in the subject line. Years ago we had a Microsoft Family account that is linking to my new computer. I was an adult then as well. My old computer does not ask this and I have the same credentials. We have tried to recover the...
  10. “You’ll need to ask to use this site”

“You’ll need to ask to use this site”: I recently turned 18 and I wanted to go on nexusmods to add some mods to Fallout: new vegas but upon trying to enter the site, i got blocked by the “you’ll need to ask to use this site” page. I asked my family groups administrator if he still uses his old email and he said he...