Windows 10: Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device

Discus and support Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I launched Outlook Desktop 2019 and I am greeted with a yellow bar stating: "PRIVACY SETTINGS APPLIED Your account privacy settings are being... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bryan2010, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Bryan2010 Win User

Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device

Today I launched Outlook Desktop 2019 and I am greeted with a yellow bar stating: "PRIVACY SETTINGS APPLIED Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device. To adjust your settings go to privacy settings". The last sentence is an underlined link and hovering over it says "click here for more", yet it does nothing when clicked. I've clicked it a dozen times.

I have a Microsoft personal/consumer account AND a Office 365 Business Account. I am using both of them with Outlook desktop. I am signing into Windows 10 with a local user account though.

Right now I don't have a clue which privacy settings management mechanism is being applied to this device, or Outlook as the warning comes up in Outlook desktop rather than a Windows notificaton. Is it Windows 10 Privacy Settings? Is it the Microsoft Account Privacy Settings? OR Is it the Office 365 Business Account Privacy Settings? The link doesn't work so I don't know where to go check/adjust this as it suggests. I don't even know which category to post this.

What I REALLY want from Microsoft for Christmas is to stop wasting my time having to deal with things like this. I can't get any work done due to the constant management of the computer, applications, online accounts, security, telemetry, updates, upgrades, notifications, nag nag nag nag nag.... ALL THE TIME and all of it seems to be unwelcome interruptions too. I thought computers and technology were supposed to help us.. It's becoming a nightmare to use it.

This constant interrupting for updating, upgrading, reviewing, renewing, deprecation/changing of things I use, changing of how I do things is making me frustrated with Microsoft products and services. I hear it's much simpler and easier on Apple's platform.

Anyone got a clue what exactly is generating this warning in Outlook?

:)

Bryan2010, Dec 25, 2019
  2. JohnRylah Win User

Checking Privacy Settings

Just rebooted PC, which has Windows 7. Outlook will not restart. Message has come up saying: PRIVACY SETTINGS APPLIED. Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device. To adjust your settings go to privacy settings.

Where do we find said "privacy settings"?

JohnRylah, Dec 25, 2019
  3. cant open privacy settings

Hi Sean,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering issues with accessing your Xbox account's privacy settings. Here's a list of the common factors:

• There's an ongoing Xbox Live server outage.
    • You're using a child account which needs a parent permission in order to change the privacy settings.
    • Access to Xbox Live is not yet available to your location.

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a child or a parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different web browser to access your account's privacy settings?
    • Are you encountering the same issue when accessing your account's privacy settings on a different device like an Xbox console?

Catherine Cus., Dec 25, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device - Similar Threads - account privacy settings

2. THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?: Hello, I was trying to select security in Microsoft mail app, and got the above message! I read just recently Microsoftdoes not provide security for any of my accounts including the mail app. I do have anti-virus and spyware protectionfor my computer, so I'm confused about...
  3. THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    THIS SETTING CAN'T BE APPLIED TO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, IN MICROSOFT MAIL APP!?: Hello, I was trying to select security in Microsoft mail app, and got the above message! I read just recently Microsoftdoes not provide security for any of my accounts including the mail app. I do have anti-virus and spyware protectionfor my computer, so I'm confused about...
  4. "Other Devices" on privacy setting

"Other Devices" on privacy setting: Hello,Can anyone please explain to me what does the Other Devices privacy setting mean? The supplied explanation isn't clear to me.There is Xbox as an example, but I don't understand what it does exemplify, to be honest....
  5. STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE”

in Windows 10 Customization
    STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE”: the same cycle and keep comping no option to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-choose-privacy-settings-for-your-device/d7191a01-7d92-4368-bb4e-063b0a0d7fd8
  6. Screen taken over by "Choose Privacy Settings for your Device"

Screen taken over by "Choose Privacy Settings for your Device": Upon turning on the computer, the screen is completely taken over by text purporting to get you to set privacy settings. There is no X close button and the only actions are to set Yes/No for various security things and Accept or Learn More. We turned off the computer with...
  7. Xbox privacy settings not applying on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox privacy settings not applying on windows 10: I'm trying to set my Xbox privacy setting to where nobody can see what game i'm playing or if i'm online or not, but hitting apply in my settings doesn't actually *apply* the change. My friends confirm that my status is still very visible; what can I do to hide my status or...
  8. Email Security – This setting can’t be applied to any of your accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Email Security – This setting can’t be applied to any of your accounts: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you open the Windows 10 Mail App to configure Email Security, you may receive an error — This setting can’t be applied to any of your accounts. In this post, we are sharing what it means and what you [...] This post Email Security – This setting can’t...
  9. Upgraded 7 to 10, STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded 7 to 10, STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE": This morning, I attempted to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. After the initial Windows 10 Welcome screen opens and closes, I get a blue screen that says "Choose privacy settings for your device.” After this screen appears, my keyboard and mouse are inoperable. I've tried...
  10. choose privacy settings for your device screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    choose privacy settings for your device screen: How do I get the choose privacy settings for your device screen off of my laptop? I cannot open any other screens. This scrren asks me to accept, but when I do it says something went wron and is running in a loop. I see this problem has been asked before, but I did not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. account privacy settings being applied

2. outlook privacy settings applied

3. excel your account privacy settings are being applied to this device

4. your account privacy settings applied outlook,
  5. outlook says privacy settings applied,
  6. your accpunt privacy settings are being applied to this device,
  7. privacy settings applied your account privacy settings are being applied to this device,
  8. outlook privacy settings being applied,
  9. your privacy settings have been applied,
  10. your account privacy setting are being applied to this device,
  11. privacy setting being applied to this device outlook,
  12. PRIVACY SETTINGS APPLIED. Your account privacy settings are being applied to this device. To adjust your settings go to privacy settings.,
  13. outlook account privacy settings are being applied to this device,
  14. privacy settings applied,
  15. your privacy settings are being applied to this device