Windows 10: "Your account settings are out of date".

Discus and support "Your account settings are out of date". in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; received the above message on my Hotmail accounts. Tried "fix account", waited 25 minutes, got a "wait one moment" message, waited another ten minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stuartthompson7, Jul 17, 2020.

1. "Your account settings are out of date".

received the above message on my Hotmail accounts. Tried "fix account", waited 25 minutes, got a "wait one moment" message, waited another ten minutes, then got "something has gone wrong" with an error message. have tried twice through settings to rectify this, with no joy. Suggestions please.

:)

stuartthompson7, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Your iCloud settings are out of date

Hi,

Conflicts with your account settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having the out-of-date account settings issue. If you've enabled the two-factor authentication on your iCloud account, you'll need to generate an app-specific password to add
    your iCloud account to the Mail app.

• Sign in to your
      Apple ID account page
    • Select Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.
    • Follow the instructions on your screen.

If the issue persists, you can try the other steps in this
    link
    for out-of-date account settings issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Unable to sync my Rediffmail account to the mail app on Windows 10 - Error: "Your Rediffmail settings are out of date".

Hi Deepak,

The error messages in Windows 10 Mail app about an out-of-date account settings can be caused by an incorrect password or a certificate error. To rectify such issue, we suggest that you follow the steps listed in this

article
    which talks about the error messages that you are receiving.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

"Your account settings are out of date".

Your icloud settings are out of date

Hi Sol,

You might need to login to your iCloud account in order for this to be resolved. May we know if you've enabled two-factor authentication on your iCloud account? If so, you'll need to generate an app-specific password to add your iCloud account to the Mail
    app. Kindly follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
    2. Select Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.
    3. Follow the instructions on your screen.

If the issue persists, you may also try the suggested solutions on this
    support article

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Ralph Sta, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

"Your account settings are out of date".

1. "Your account settings are out of date". - Similar Threads - account settings are

2. " your account settings are out of date"

in Windows 10 Customization
    " your account settings are out of date": I have this message on my hotmail account through windows 10, the suggested fixes don't work. Mobile account works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date/4d1fea9c-05c5-4f3c-866a-629301fdebf2
  3. Your account settings are out of date!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your account settings are out of date!!: After updating Windows 10 to v2004 this happens... Why does Mail Version 16005.13228.41011.0 keep asking me to "Fix my account" every time I reboot my laptop? This information does not help:...
  4. "Your GMail account settings are out of date"?

"Your GMail account settings are out of date"?: Hello! I've been under the notifications and in the May app above for months since I switched to Windows 10. I have already linked my GMX mail account with Google/GMail. After I log in with my data and click on "Allow" it says "Account will be repaired" but after a few...
  5. "Your Outlook account settings are out of date"

in Browsers and Email
    "Your Outlook account settings are out of date": I keep getting this message over and over again every couple of days or so. This started about 2 or 3 Windows updates ago or so. When I click on it I'm taken to what looks like my email sign in little box and it says something like "because you're accessing sensitive...
  6. Your account settings are out-of-date

Your account settings are out-of-date: Received this message and when the Fix Account button was clicked a new window opened and is just hanging. Not going anywhere after 10 minutes. Password was changed a few weeks ago so don't think that is an issue. ,...
  7. "Your account settings are out of date..."

"Your account settings are out of date...": Trying to sign into Hotmail. but can't because my account settings are out of date AGAIN! I just fixed this, and now have to again? What's wrong?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date/0e596d7e-0c00-4392-af47-b4e23257df52
  8. Your account settings are out-of-date

Your account settings are out-of-date: For the last 2 days; Your account settings are out-of-date The weird part is that it doesnt affect my main account, just my 2 slave accounts (my son and father's email which is tied to my own). So my email comes up as normal but not the other 2. It just keeps...
  9. Your Gmail account settings are out of date

Your Gmail account settings are out of date: I continue to see "account needs to be fixed" in my mailbox, and when I ask to fix it, and then troubleshoot to Settings/Manage Accounts, I do not have boxes associated with Require SSL for Incoming/Outgoing mail. Now what?...
  10. Your Outlook account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Your Outlook account settings are out of date: My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date". When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns. How to resolve this permanently? Regards 23488