Windows 10: your antivirus is finishing cleaning up your computer

Discus and support your antivirus is finishing cleaning up your computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; something very weird just happened. around one month ago i formatted my hard disk and i installed windows 10 build 2004 today i was using mkvtoolnix... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cns00, Nov 21, 2020.

1. cns00 Win User

your antivirus is finishing cleaning up your computer

something very weird just happened. around one month ago i formatted my hard disk and i installed windows 10 build 2004

today i was using mkvtoolnix to encode a movie file to add subtitles to it. i used it the first time and i exit the program. it closed properly. after that i realized that i forgot some subtitles so i edited them and then again i ran mkvtoolnix and i again encoded a movie. this time the program froze when i quit it so i had to force quit it. after that i said delete for the movie that i encoded. it got stuck on calculating for like 10 seconds and then the file was deleted. after that i restarted the laptop

i got the message "your antivirus is finishing cleaning up your computer" before windows started. after that windows setup ran and it asked me some stuff or i can skip and get reminded in 3 days. i said continue. first it asked me if i want to share files across other devices. i said skip. after that it asked me for mobile number so it can connect android device. i said skip. after that it said congrats windows is all yours. i restarted the laptop again. windows started normally. after that again i ran mkvtoolnix to encode the movie file. it was successful

what happened? the laptop is clean and there is no virus so why did i get message about antivirus just before windows started? i checked my antivirus logs. nothing was detected before the incident happened. also why did windows setup run suddenly after the message about the antivirus? the questions that it asked me now were new and it didnt ask me those questions one month ago when i installed windows. i didn't connect to the internet during windows setup so i guess it skipped them and it reminded me now. i was told that this is normal for the new windows builds but did the crashing of mkvtoolnix trigger that or it was bound to happen regardless of what happened?

i asked someone about what happened. he said this is because mkvtoolnix crashed and that could have messed up my profile and the complete windows setup fixed my profile. can this be true? i highly doubt that a simple program like mkvtoolnix can mess up my laptop. i was using an ancient version and it looks like it doesn't work on new windows so it crashed

:)

cns00, Nov 21, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 21, 2020
  4. your antivirus is finishing cleaning up your computer

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

your antivirus is finishing cleaning up your computer

1. your antivirus is finishing cleaning up your computer - Similar Threads - antivirus finishing cleaning

2. your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device: I've searched the issue on online, none of available solution worked and I just gone ahead and uninstall the latest installed firmware and get rid of...
  3. your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device: I've searched the issue on online, none of available solution worked and I just gone ahead and uninstall the latest installed firmware and get rid of...
  4. “Lets finish setting up your PC”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Lets finish setting up your PC”: Hi, Looking for help, on booting up laptop running W10, getting the following message “Let’s finish setting up your PC” lots of solutions on line but because I don’t have the visible option of a continue or delay buttons I’m unable to move forward with this. Tried reducing...
  5. “Lets finish setting up your PC”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Lets finish setting up your PC”: Hi, Looking for help, on booting up laptop running W10, getting the following message “Let’s finish setting up your PC” lots of solutions on line but because I don’t have the visible option of a continue or delay buttons I’m unable to move forward with this. Tried reducing...
  6. “Lets finish setting up your PC”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Weird "Current antivirus solution cleaning your computer" at startup!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird "Current antivirus solution cleaning your computer" at startup!: I'm currently using the Bitdefender antivirus (free version), and it's has worked great for me. When I booted up my PC, I got a strange BIOS-looking screen saying something among the lines of "your antivirus solution is cleaning your PC", then my PC booted up normally. I'm...
  8. Which free Antivirus is the best for your computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which free Antivirus is the best for your computer?: So, having an antivirus helps you a lot either it protecting your pc from malware or it to clean your pc. A good antivirus helps you in both. Today I'll be telling you the best antivirus you can use for free that work better than paid one in many cases. you can also see the...
  9. Let's finish setting up your device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Let's finish setting up your device: On one of my boot ups, before Windows 10 1909 loaded I got a Blue screen similar to the one shown on this site: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/09/how-to-disable-get-even-more-out-of-windows-on-windows-10/ But the box I got said: Let's finish setting up your device Is...
  10. Speeding up your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speeding up your computer: I have not optimized my computer as of yet and I have no clue as to how long to expect it to take and what else I need to do to it to speed it up and to get it to download another version of Windows prior to the preview expiration date. can anyone help me! I hope this can...