Windows 10: Your app is being used for sharing

Discus and support Your app is being used for sharing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a very annoying issue over various PCs, its like there is an invisible overlay on the screen, when I am dragging images around in an app it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GarethIrwin1, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Your app is being used for sharing

I have a very annoying issue over various PCs, its like there is an invisible overlay on the screen, when I am dragging images around in an app it will sometimes be 'captured' the image being dragged then is frozen to the screen with a 'stop sign' in it, this sits attop all apps. When I try and quit the app it shows me this:

Your app is being used for sharing 736390f2-78a2-4327-9ce9-6b30120ce0a9?upload=true.jpg

Please note this happens in a variety of apps with the only constant being I am dragging around images, typically JPGs within the app.

The behavior of this screen is odd, for instance to capture it I had to use the desktop shortcut as it goes away if I click anywhere else. Further more the above image is a whole screen image grab, its most bizzare.

This is quite annoying as I have to quit apps and reload to get back to where I need to be.

Thanks

:)

GarethIrwin1, Mar 6, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Your app is being used for sharing

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Your app is being used for sharing

1. Your app is being used for sharing - Similar Threads - app being used

2. Windows.old apps still being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.old apps still being used: I was looking through my file system and saw that my previous installation of Windows was still being used on a daily basis by several apps in a hidden "Local Settings" folder which didn't show up even after showing hidden files I had to type in the directory directly. These...
  3. Folders that are not shared are being shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders that are not shared are being shared: I have enabled DLNA so that my TV can see my PC. But when I look at my Videos Folder, it's not being shared according to file properties, but I can see everything in there. So I don't have real control over what is being shared. Where is the true sharing configuration in...
  4. Folders that are not shared are being shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders that are not shared are being shared: I have enabled DLNA so that my TV can see my PC. But when I look at my Videos Folder, it's not being shared according to file properties, but I can see everything in there. So I don't have real control over what is being shared. Where is the true sharing configuration in...
  5. Desktops icons and apps being shared on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktops icons and apps being shared on network: I have 3 machines all on the same home network, they are all running Windows 10 Home 64bit. They all have the same Office application installed, however, 1 has a scanner and A3 printer and various other editing and document handling software that i use for work, and the 3rd...
  6. Desktops icons and apps being shared on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktops icons and apps being shared on network: I have 3 machines all on the same home network, they are all running Windows 10 Home 64bit. They all have the same Office application installed, however, 1 has a scanner and A3 printer and various other editing and document handling software that i use for work, and the 3rd...
  7. Desktops icons and apps being shared on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Using Photos App to Share to Instagram

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Photos App to Share to Instagram: In the early days of Windows 10 share feature, you could use the share button to share a photo to Instagram. However they removed that and I am wondering how you can do that these days. 168629
  9. "Your Phone" App uses Edge instead of Chrome for sharing Website

"Your Phone" App uses Edge instead of Chrome for sharing Website: I'd like to use Chrome as my default browser when I share my website from my Android Phone to my Window PC, I've set Chrome as my default browser already but it doesn't seem to be work while using "Your Phone". Is there any way to fix it? Thanks!...
  10. Your app is being used for sharing

Your app is being used for sharing: I have a very annoying issue over various PCs, its like there is an invisible overlay on the screen, when I am dragging images around in an app it will sometimes be 'captured' the image being dragged then is frozen to the screen with a 'stop sign' in it, this sits attop all...