Windows 10: Your browser is managed by your organization, says Firefox, Edge

Discus and support Your browser is managed by your organization, says Firefox, Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; You might have noticed that when you access the Options page of Firefox, there is a notice that shows Your browser is being managed by your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Your browser is managed by your organization, says Firefox, Edge

You might have noticed that when you access the Options page of Firefox, there is a notice that shows Your browser is being managed by your organization. Similarly, when you open Settings and more menu or Settings page of Microsoft Edge, a message This setting is managed by your organization is visible for different options. […]

This article Your browser is managed by your organization, says Firefox, Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 7, 2021

2. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Problem Importing Bookmarks from Firefox into Win 10 Edge browser.

You need to get your bookmarks first into either IE or Chrome, depends what's listed in your Edge "Import Favourites" page. Some people seem only to have IE, some have both. Doesn't matter which you use. Then you can import them into Edge. So...

1. From Firefox, export your favourites either to desktop or a temporary folder.

2. In IE or Chrome delete all bookmarks that you no longer want or that are duplicated in Firefox - if you don't do this you will import unwanted bookmarks into Edge.

3. In IE or Chrome import the bookmarks from wherever you saved them (desktop or folder)

Chrome ->Bookmarks Manager ->Organize -> "Import Bookmarks from HTML file"

IE -> click on star -> Add to favourites -> import from another file/browser (n.b. IE allows you to skip step 1)

4. Open Edge and Import Favourites (Hub -> Favourites -> Import Favourites) from IE or Chrome.

Done, but like many users I found this Edge import procedure reversed the bookmarks order and I had to resort them manually. Having done all this, I thought that Edge was no better or faster than any other browser and lacked many features so after all this
    import palaver, I'm back to using Firefox in Windows 10.

Feature Creature, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Your browser is managed by your organization, says Firefox, Edge

Firefox not showing as default browser?

HI Zane, sorry you’re having these troubles.

Here are the steps I would take:

Let’s run through some items to try to fix Edge.

Reset Edge. Click start - settings - apps - find Edge on the list. Click on it, and then advanced, terminate, then hit reset. Make sure it’s strong hold on anything is gone.

Now, uninstall Firefox, reboot, reinstall.

See if you can now assign Firefox as your default browser.

Good luck, and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Your browser is managed by your organization, says Firefox, Edge

1. Your browser is managed by your organization, says Firefox, Edge - Similar Threads - browser managed organization

2. Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge may display a Managed by your organization message when you open the 3-dot More menu in the top-right corner. Clicking on this link will take you to the following page in your Edge browser: edge://management This page will display: Microsoft Edge is...
  3. Location - managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Support
    Location - managed by your organization: When I try to change location settings via Settings-Privacy-Location I get a warning in red: "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization." I run Windows 10 Home Edition Version 20H2 Since this is a Home Edition I don't have Group Policy Editor. Is it...
  4. managed by your organization

in Browsers and Email
    managed by your organization: I tried to change some settings in my browser: Microsoft Edge Version 87.0.664.47 but I get a message: Your browser is managed by your organization I don't understand as I am not managed by an external administrator on work...; I installed my computer from scratch and are...
  5. Remove possible *Managed by your organization* browser hijacker?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove possible *Managed by your organization* browser hijacker?: I keep seeing the “Managed by your organization” text when you open the Chrome browser’s menu, this is a home PC not part of any organisation. I've followed the this guide https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-managed-by-your-organisation-virus/#uninstall as best I can. but...
  6. managed by your organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    managed by your organization: When setting up my computer, I made myself as the Administrator. Now I find the message "managed by your organization." Please tell me how to remove this and return myself as the administrator? I have seen things about using gpedit.msc but I have windows 10 Home edition....
  7. managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    managed by your organization: What does the term "managed by your organization" means? It keeps appearing on my Microsoft laptop although I am not a apart of any organization!1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managed-by-your-organization/1ea3e061-7df8-42d4-b21e-4855af851880
  8. "This Setting is managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This Setting is managed by your organization": Split from this thread. -[ATTACH]I only have this problem . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-setting-is-managed-by-your-organization/4ad69f50-9ab5-4d6d-99d4-e473082034ab
  9. Some of your features are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some of your features are managed by your organization: Hello. I just builded a PC. And at my school, we got free Windows 10 ISO image and product key to use it as we want. So I entered this key, everything is perfectly activated... but I get this thing saying: "Some of your features are managed by your organization". It's my own...
  10. Managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Managed by your organization: I try to be organized but I am not an organization. When I get updates I see a message stating some settings on my PC is managed by "your organization". Why? How can I fix this? Some research indicates I am getting the message because I have enrolled in the Insider Program,...