Windows 10: Your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet

Discus and support Your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get a window opening up whenever I start up saying that my cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet. There are two balls circling each other above the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbabwe, Sep 30, 2017.

1. jimbabwe Win User

Your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet

I get a window opening up whenever I start up saying that my cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet. There are two balls circling each other above the message. As far as I can tell the dvd drive is working but I've never seen this message before (on my old pc) so I'm wondering if this is a windows message or if this is attached to some 3rd party program. It never finishes "loading" so I'm wondering how to get rid of it.
    Your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet [​IMG]

:)

jimbabwe, Sep 30, 2017

2. new build..!!!

You may, but should be a DVD ROM not CD-ROM

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 30, 2017
  3. my edrive cd/dvd player can play music through itunes. When I want to view photo cds I it doesn't open

Hello Sabina,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not able to view the photos stored on the CD because the DVD drive doesn’t recognize it.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Is this issue specific to one particular CD (which are stored with photos)?

2. Are you facing the same issue with other CD’s (which are stored with photos)?

3. When you insert the photo CD, when you open File Explorer and double click on the E drive (CD/DVD drive) are you able to access the view the photo files?

You may please check if the photo CD is recognized in other computer, to check if the problem is with CD.

Let’s try the below methods and check.

Method: 1

You may update the DVD/CD-ROM drives driver from Device Manager manually and check, if this helps.

•Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

•Expand “DVD/CD-ROM drives”.

•Right click on the DVD/CD-ROM driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.

Method 2:

If still the issue persists, Uninstall and reinstall the DVD/CD-ROM drives driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM drives driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “DVD/CD-ROM drives” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the DVD/CD-ROM driver and click on “uninstall” the DVD/CD-ROM driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Sep 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I'm wondering if this is related to a program used to create virtual drives. Check to see if you have one installed.

See what happens
    a. after a clean boot
    and if still present
    b. in Safe Mode

If you can reach a point where it does not occur you can work back and identify the culprit.

To identify the process related to the window, try the exe file in the zip (attached).

It does this:

when you click on the window of interest.

dalchina, Sep 30, 2017
  5. jimbabwe Win User
    Can you help me with "clean boot"? This pc is literally out of the box on Friday and has been doing this from the start. I will try safe mode but the weird part is that it says "may" not be working and it seems to work just fine. I will try safe mode when I get home. Thanks for your reply and yeah - what is a clean boot?

jimbabwe, Sep 30, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Strange. It doesn't look like a 'normal' Win 10 message.

Actually I'd suggest using the program I attached first and see what it says.
    You can post a screenshot of what it shows. Oh.. how do you post a screenshot? Ok...
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

You can search for clean boot - an extremely well-known term:

- or see the tutorial on clean boot in the Tutorial section here
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Windows 10 Tutorials

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    part 1

dalchina, Sep 30, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    No, that's what I thought too. The only message I can find with that wording appears to be for an Intel driver install from about five years ago.
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...-properly-disk

I suspect something similar may be going on here, some OEM initial setup is failing to find the files it needs. If the PC is that new, I'd take it back to the seller to fix/replace it.

8. jimbabwe Win User

I suspect something similar may be going on here, some OEM initial setup is failing to find the files it needs. If the PC is that new, I'd take it back to the seller to fix/replace it.[/QUOTE]
    I have 30 days to figure this out before I return it. It's not the end of the world, I'm sure there's a driver that's not loading or something. Like I said, the drive works, it's just the message that's bugging me.
    Here's a pic of AWI;

jimbabwe, Oct 1, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Ok, so now you know you're looking for loading.exe

Find that in the task manager, rt click it, click Open File Location and tell us as much as you can about what it belongs to, if that gives any useful info. Quote the folder path please.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2017
  10. jimbabwe Win User

jimbabwe, Oct 1, 2017
  11. jimbabwe Win User
    For what it's worth, customer support is closed over the weekend, but I'll call them tomorrow regarding this issue.

jimbabwe, Oct 1, 2017
  12. To me it seems that this is a 3rd party app that came preinstalled on the system. The thing to do may be to find out what program is creating that message, then uninstall it.

ArazelEternal, Oct 1, 2017
  13. jimbabwe Win User

It's an ASUS motherboard so I guess they're the cause. I'm not sure I want to mess around with uninstalling motherboard things. At least now I've narrowed it down.

jimbabwe, Oct 1, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
  15. dalchina New Member
    Now that you have a little more info, best wait as you say for ASUS response.
    Note: they also have a forum, of course, so you could try searching that for info.
    Unfortunate it's run from a temp folder, so less indicative.

One thing more you can do is to rt click on loading.exe, Properties, Details.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet - Similar Threads - dvd rom may

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  4. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dvd/cd-rom

dvd/cd-rom: Ever since 2/4/21 I have not been able to use my disc drive. Says operating normal but it wont open and I can hear it spinning. Have got a lot of error codes,,,, 2, 7023, 642, 257, 7030,215, 318,10010, 1534, 10002,...
  6. DVD/CD-ROM

DVD/CD-ROM: windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/2ea72ae2-a716-44c5-86f7-a654e1dd0074
  7. dvd cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd cd rom: I had to get an external cd rom my laptop does not have on built in. I need help connecting it with my laptop. I know there is something I have to download in order for it to work but I don't know what that is. a vlm or vlc or something. can anyone help me please...
  8. DVD CD/rom

DVD CD/rom: DVD player not downloading program. Info says its working properly but it aint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-cdrom/e62e51e6-54ed-4c70-b2b2-be00e465b118
  9. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  10. DVD/CD rom

DVD/CD rom: My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvdcd-rom/dc8fdc32-ac8b-4d00-8a14-953fe64eb3f6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loading your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet

2. your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet

3. your cd rom may not be ready yet

4. asus message your cdrom,
  5. your cd dvd rom may not be ready yet,
  6. message your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready,
  7. windows 10loading cd dvd not ready yet,
  8. your cdrom is not ready yet windows 10,
  9. message your cd/dvd rom may not be ready yet,
  10. message your cd/dvd may not be ready yet,
  11. yourCD/DVD-ROM may not be ready yet win10 メッセージ,