Windows 10: "Your child has control of this setting because of their age"

Discus and support "Your child has control of this setting because of their age" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to set up the Activity Reporting feature in Windows 10 for my 12 year old, but I get the message "Your child has control of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JohnF5IR, Jun 3, 2019.

1. JohnF5IR Win User

"Your child has control of this setting because of their age"

Hello,

I've been trying to set up the Activity Reporting feature in Windows 10 for my 12 year old, but I get the message "Your child has control of this setting because of their age":

I have another child account (also 12 years old) where reporting can be switched on. How can this be? How can I switch this on?

If it is switched on, considering the message above, does the child have the ability to switch it off at will?

Thanks,

John.

:)

JohnF5IR, Jun 3, 2019

2. Child account age restrictions in store do NOT work

Hello Charles,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• Is the issue confined to Minecraft game?
    Initially, I suggest to alter the age you have set for the child account and see if it makes any difference.

This will help us in isolating the cause of the issue.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Changing a child's age

Hi Jeff,

Creating a child account allows you to block adult websites or specify which sites you want your kids to see. You can also set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. To change the age of a child account, kindly
    click this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. "Your child has control of this setting because of their age" - Similar Threads - child has control

2. "Some of these settings are controlled by your organization" in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Some of these settings are controlled by your organization" in Windows Settings: My computer is not managed by an organization unless the WiFi/network can control settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-these-settings-are-controlled-by-your/da8b636b-e7f0-497b-97f4-10b5604b3add
  3. "Some of these settings are controlled by your organization" in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Some of these settings are controlled by your organization" in Windows Settings: My computer is not managed by an organization unless the WiFi/network can control settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-these-settings-are-controlled-by-your/da8b636b-e7f0-497b-97f4-10b5604b3add
  4. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  5. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  6. Change age of "child" back to adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?: I set up a Microsoft account in my name and purchased Minecraft for my son. I used his age on the Microsoft account in error and now can’t change it as it thinks I’m not an adult. How on earth do I get it changed to the correct age?If I delete the account then he can’t access...
  8. changing a childs age

changing a childs age: how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-childs-age/72c8dce8-c431-4e83-be33-2d5b9ca8f826
  9. Parental controls - managing childs age

Parental controls - managing childs age: I have recently added my childs account to our family group. I am the parent just to be clear. However, I cannot manage my childs account info - when I click the link, the browser window "manage my childs account/Administrer mit barns profiloplysninger" just shows up empty,...
  10. Child’s age for activity report?

Child’s age for activity report?: I just set up activity reports on my sons laptop but have now received an email that he has turned it off and had access to do this based on his age. What age gives him this authorisation? He’s15!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your child has control of this setting because of their age.

2. Your child has control of this setting because of their age

3. nicolas has control of this setting because of their age

4. your child has control of this setting because of their age microsoft