Windows 10: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Discus and support Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Snake Hollywood, May 13, 2019.

1. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device.

I am getting message (as per subject) on one of children's accounts.

They SIGN-IN every single day and shut down every night, so saying "sign-in again" is really meaningless as it says this regardless how many times they have signed in.

:)

Snake Hollywood, May 13, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, May 13, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, May 13, 2019
  4. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family... 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

1. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family... - Similar Threads - child needs sign

2. Help with Family Safety error - Child needs to sign in again on Windows to verify their account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with Family Safety error - Child needs to sign in again on Windows to verify their account: I have Microsoft 365 for family use. I have two children on the account and we have been using the Family Safety features for several years without any issue, until recently. In the past several months, Family Safety is now giving me error messages:"[Child's Name] needs to...
  3. Help with Family Safety error - Child needs to sign in again on Windows to verify their account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Family Safety error - Child needs to sign in again on Windows to verify their account: I have Microsoft 365 for family use. I have two children on the account and we have been using the Family Safety features for several years without any issue, until recently. In the past several months, Family Safety is now giving me error messages:"[Child's Name] needs to...
  4. Help with Family Safety error - Child needs to sign in again on Windows to verify their account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Device not listed for child account in family

Device not listed for child account in family: I have setup my child with Microsoft family and allowed access.Both accounts - parent and child - are on same Windows 10 pc. Child account is a standard user.However after child sign-in, the Microsoft family pape still showsConnected Devices:0for the child. That's why I...
  6. "Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...

"Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...: Hi, My daughter is using a number of PCs at home, one of them being the one supplied by the school. On all PCs, she's using her MSA to log in, and everything (Windows logon, OneDrive, Skype...) is linked to that MSA. Still, on that particular device supplied by the...
  7. Microsoft family requires the child sign in again and again

Microsoft family requires the child sign in again and again: Microsoft Family requires the child sign in again every single day otherwise - this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device. I receive a message on the child’s account. How many times should he sign-in?...
  8. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Hi, In my Microsoft Family, I am seeing the following message for one of the Child accounts: "Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly." When I click "See Devices", it specifies the device...
  9. microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device: i have 2 child accounts set up on my laptop with time limits set for both accounts - different times set for both. one account works and restrictions apply, the other account has access all the time the child logs in. do the accounts have to be on 2 different...
  10. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials: The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre. Nothing had been changed. So I signed into my Ms Account to the credential section. The email address in the drop down list was not current. The address was changed Jan 2015 and gmail has been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Your child needs to sign in

2. your child needs to sign in again with their microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly