Windows 10: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

Discus and support Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am constantly getting the error "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is not responding". It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeatherMarie777, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

I am constantly getting the error "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is not responding". It started over the weekend and now I can't seem to hold a stable internet connection at all. I did not install anything new or update any drivers.

Since the weekend I have tried a ton of things, and none of them have worked. What I have tried are as follows

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter

- Changed the IPV4 to be Googles DNS numbers

Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8

Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

- Disabled the firewall

- Disabled IPV6

- Tried to see if I needed to update my driver but says the current one is the most recent when I go to device manager and run update.

- Ran in Safe mode with Networking the laptop couldn't find a network or internet at all with this

- I tried the command netsh int ip reset reset - [COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]but it failed and said access denied. Enabled permissions in Reg Edit, access still denied[/COLOR]

- Ran the following commands in CMD Prompt:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
    ipconfig /renew

- I disabled the 3 Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter's
    - FINALLY I ended up factory resetting my laptop THREE TIMES and each time it was not fixed.

I am primarily using a ethernet cable and had no problems with it at all. It's a CAT6.

My network adapter is a Killer E3100X 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Under the wifi adapter it says it's a IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is... 35926305-7c74-4962-9f80-a673f62f128b?upload=true.png

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is... adf918e6-41db-4c1c-ab26-2ec51ffc0ec8?upload=true.png Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is... 187a54c5-64c6-4b88-b181-b8f8143b0a97?upload=true.png

Network adapter Ethernet driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Killer E3100X 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Intel Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 1.0.1.5 Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem12.inf Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 11:45:08 AM Section Name . . . . . . . . . : E3101.10.0.1..17763 Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_8086&dev_3101 Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a Device Manager Status Code . . : 0 IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6 Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

This laptop is brand new, purchased in October 2020. I had no problems at all until this weekend.

I even went into my router and made sure the DHCP was enabled.

Spectrum My ISP claims there is no issue on their end and only offered to reset the modem for me which of course did not work as I tried to do that on my own probably 5 times along with the router.

I need this fixed as soon as possible, as I am taking online college courses and this is very important. I don't know what else to do!

:)

HeatherMarie777, Feb 23, 2021

2. very week internet connection "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding"

Please help me

My laptop has an extremely week internet signal, like one bar only. I think there may be issues with my network adaptor. When running the troubleshooting wizard, It says there are no problems.

• "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding"
    Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

There are 3 other laptop users in this house but I am the only one with the problem

BridgettMolino, Feb 23, 2021
  3. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding"

Hi,

Your device appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding. To help you out, we suggest that you follow the reply of
    Nachappa C K on this thread for possible solution.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

1. Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is... - Similar Threads - computer appears correctly

2. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource DNS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource DNS...: Im having an issue with my computer ethernet connection. I’ve tried everything.I tried:-Changing to Google DNS- Factory Resetting- Resetting Network Settings Usually fixes it for about 30 minsNo antivirus is installed just installed today one to scan the PC and no...
  3. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource DNS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource DNS...: Im having an issue with my computer ethernet connection. I’ve tried everything.I tried:-Changing to Google DNS- Factory Resetting- Resetting Network Settings Usually fixes it for about 30 minsNo antivirus is installed just installed today one to scan the PC and no...
  4. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource is not...

"Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource is not...: Asus Strix B550 gaming f with Intel I225-V on board LAN.Windows 10 Hey, My wife's PC has started to act poorly on her Ethernet recently, between slow loading website and cannot connect to game servers/services", and Windows troubleshoot says its "Your computer appears to be...
  5. Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...: Network Diagnostics LogFile Name:F3758BC9-A9A2-4FA2-8EA3-F49937B6FEB6.Diagnose.0.etlHow to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-computer-appears-to-be-correctly-configured/7f4202bc-64b5-4f76-89e2-2a6ccc577275
  6. Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...: Network Diagnostics LogFile Name:F3758BC9-A9A2-4FA2-8EA3-F49937B6FEB6.Diagnose.0.etlHow to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-computer-appears-to-be-correctly-configured/7f4202bc-64b5-4f76-89e2-2a6ccc577275
  7. Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...: Why isn’t my DNS server responding? So I have this dell inspiron 7370 that worked fine. The internet didn’t have a problem. Then I did a total reset on the laptop and suddenly my internet just stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it says “Your computer appears to be...
  9. Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...: I noticed last night that I was unable to access sites because they kept timing out and hopped it wouldn't be a problem today. Now if I try to download stuff it is downloading in literal bytes and I can't access like half the sites I normally can because they keep timing out....
  10. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server)...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server)...: Hi, I know that this problem has been addressed in the past, however, I have tried everything that I have seen to fix this issue and it is still persisting. I currently use a Netgear A6210 Wireless Network Adapter to get internet for my PC. Is there anything else I could...