Windows 10: your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...

Discus and support your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting the error above when trying to RDP to one of our servers. The RDP works for 2 other PCs in my office. But my PC gives this error.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JustinLane4, Mar 5, 2020.

1. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...

Hi,

I am getting the error above when trying to RDP to one of our servers.

The RDP works for 2 other PCs in my office. But my PC gives this error.

Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable...

It does get past the Gateway and it does ask for the Windows Password. But it then hangs for 5 seconds and returns the above error.

All PCs are running Windows 10.

All PCs using identical RDP connection, credential and Gateway settings.

I tried this solution https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001132

Adding 32 bit DWORD value called RDGClientTransport = 1

to HKCU > SOFTWARE >Microsoft > Terminal Services Client

But it did not work. Although I may try rebooting my PC in a minute to see if that helps but I doubt it.

I feel like there is some dodgy credential or Cached Windows credential on my PC???

I did find a Windows Credential that mapped to the server I was trying to connect to. So I deleted it but that did not help.

Actually before this server did not have a Gateway and it was working for me.

Anyway that is probably just a red herring.

What I do know:

* Connection works for other PCs in my office

* All same RDP Settings

* I can ping the gateway and it resolves to the correct IP

* So probably not server side settings

* And definitely NOT Remote Desktop Connection settings

Basically as far as I know everything is correct on my PC.

Please help.

:)

JustinLane4, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Remote Desktop - Remote Computer is Sleeping

Got a question that I could answer if I was at the office to try it... Trying to connect remotely to an HP desktop at work.

If the HP is in sleep mode, I can't remote into it. Here's the scenario: Couldn't remote into the HP... Called a co-worker he noticed is was in power saving mode & moved the mouse, it woke up. Then I was able to remote in.

Would "Wake on Lan" in BIOS allow me to wake up the computer through a remote desktop login request? Are there other settings?

EDIT: Both PC's on XP Pro 32

Sasqui, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 5, 2020
  4. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

Thank you for the information you provided.

We suggest that you click on this
    link
    and check Dhruv.tech's suggestion and see if it helps.

Rafael Com, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...

1. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway... - Similar Threads - computer can't connect

2. your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress . i got this error windows 10 how fix this error please can you explain the steps ?...
  3. your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress . i got this error windows 10 how fix this error please can you explain the steps ?...
  4. your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  7. Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue: Hi, I have an issue with a new Gateway i created setup below, i first got an error "The Computer cant verify the identity of the RD Gateway" and i confirmed the root certificate was in trusted as well as personal store. After a reboot i got the message "Your computer cant...
  8. "Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error: Hello all, Our company uses Windows 1809 Image also we are using RDP through Internet Explorer i am not sure how this works but our employees access an account on the browser login, into and from there when they click an application for example IE RDP client starts and the...
  9. remote desktop gateway connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop gateway connection issues: our organization is trying to access a remote desktop gateway server on AWS for our electronic dental records software. If I use my laptop at home it works fine. if I use my laptop here at the office it works. But even behind the same firewall, if I attempt to login to the...
  10. this computer can't connect to the remote computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    this computer can't connect to the remote computer: ?my windows 10 pro I try use remote desktop but is not work. I try all the solution but steel not work what I should do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-computer-cant-connect-to-the-remote-computer/d306c2a1-71e3-4bbd-8fe2-29e743bbac3d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdgclienttransport 1909