Windows 10: "Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error

Discus and support "Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, Our company uses Windows 1809 Image also we are using RDP through Internet Explorer i am not sure how this works but our employees access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael14789, Sep 2, 2020.

1. "Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error

Hello all,

Our company uses Windows 1809 Image also we are using RDP through Internet Explorer i am not sure how this works but our employees access an account on the browser login, into and from there when they click an application for example IE RDP client starts and the application is opened.

We started to have the issue that when employees click on the application the following message appears: Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server. Contact your network administrator for assistance.

I have tried the solution to create the registry key RDGClientTransport and give it a value of 1 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client.

It was working on the profile i did this but after changing the profile to another user same issue appears. The registry key is still there but its not working.

I tried to change it to 0 then 1, not solved.

Deleted the entire Key "Terminal Server Client" then created it again, not solved.

Note: If i try to do a remote directly on the server it works but accessing the applications from the browser does gets this message.

Note*: If i try to access the applications through the browser on a different computer that has 1903 Windows version it works without issues.

Anyone got this issue or maybe other solutions i can try? Thank you

:)

Michael14789, Sep 2, 2020

2. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable on ONE windows 10 PC only

Hi,

I am getting the error above when trying to RDP to one of our servers.

The RDP works for 2 other PCs in my office. But my PC gives this error.

Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable...

It does get past the Gateway and it does ask for the Windows Password. But it then hangs for 5 seconds and returns the above error.

All PCs are running Windows 10.

All PCs using identical RDP connection, credential and Gateway settings.

I tried this solution Remote Desktop Services - Connection Errors | PeteNetLive

Adding 32 bit DWORD value called RDGClientTransport = 1

to HKCU > SOFTWARE >Microsoft > Terminal Services Client

But it did not work. Although I may try rebooting my PC in a minute to see if that helps (but I doubt it).

I feel like there is some dodgy credential or Cached Windows credential on my PC???

I did find a Windows Credential that mapped to the server I was trying to connect to. So I deleted it (but that did not help).

Actually before this server did not have a Gateway and it was working for me.

Anyway that is probably just a red herring.

What I do know:

* Connection works for other PCs in my office

* All same RDP Settings

* I can ping the gateway and it resolves to the correct IP

* So probably not server side settings

* And definitely NOT Remote Desktop Connection settings

Basically as far as I know everything is correct on my PC.

Please help.

JustinLane4, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Hapwhee Win User
    Can't connect to RD Gateway using Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 Pro (1809) and I am trying to use RD Gateway but keep getting error message "can't connect to remote desktop gateway computer." I have seen numerous fix suggestions in other posts and the one I wanted to try was HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Terminal
    Server Client, but the terminal service client is not listed in the folder in Pro 10. Any ideas on how to get this RD Gateway to work?

Hapwhee, Sep 2, 2020
  4. dch53 Win User

"Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error

Unable to access server via remote desktop after router change

Hi,

I manage my home theatre and music servers via remote desktop. Both have wired connections to the router.

All has been well for many years.

Recently our old modem/router was replaced with a new one. There have been no other changes.

While I can still remote into the home theatre server I am no longer able to remote into the music server:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer....

What I can do is:

• ping the music server
    • bring up shares on the music server on another computer
    • access the music server using TeamViewer
    Does anyone have any suggestions how I can use remote desktop to manage my music server again please?

dch53, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

"Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error

1. "Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error - Similar Threads - computer can't connect

2. Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...: I have been slowly testing Windows 11 well in advance of the Windows 10 EOL.I am stumped on a very specific issue.I am running Windows 11 Home machine. I use it to remotely access a Windows machine inside a local domain, through a Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2. I am...
  3. Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable: [ATTACH]While connecting to a Remote computer, if you get a Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable error, this article will help you fix the issue. Although this error gets resolved by removing the invalid binding, you may need other tips and tricks at...
  4. Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue: Hi, I have an issue with a new Gateway i created setup below, i first got an error "The Computer cant verify the identity of the RD Gateway" and i confirmed the root certificate was in trusted as well as personal store. After a reboot i got the message "Your computer cant...
  5. Remote Desktop Can't Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Can't Connect: Hi Guys, Having trouble connecting a Windows 7 Laptop to a Windows 10 Desktop via remote desktop. Both are on the same network. The usual has been done already i.e. Enable Remote Desktop, Allow Remote Desktop through a Firewall etc. On Windows 7 Laptop's Remote Desktop...
  6. remote desktop gateway connection issues

remote desktop gateway connection issues: our organization is trying to access a remote desktop gateway server on AWS for our electronic dental records software. If I use my laptop at home it works fine. if I use my laptop here at the office it works. But even behind the same firewall, if I attempt to login to the...
  7. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...: Hi, I am getting the error above when trying to RDP to one of our servers. The RDP works for 2 other PCs in my office. But my PC gives this error. Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable......
  8. Can't connect to remote desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect to remote desktop: I can't seem to connect to my remote desktop from college as it keeps asking me to 'Enter my credentials' multiple times even when I did enter it, it asks me again. So I don't if its a hardware or software problem would appreciate it if anyone can reply if they know whats...
  9. RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.

RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.: I have VM running windows 10 pro (other VMs using same config work fine). Every time when I try to connect via RDP it throws: "Remote Desktop can't find the computer [hostname]. This might mean that [hostname] does not belong to specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  10. Can't connect with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect with Remote Desktop: Hay everyone, I am having an issue with Remote Desktop. It works fine locally but i can't get a connection remotely. Here is the message it am getting. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here are some of the settings on system i am trying to remote into. [ATTACH] Some things i have...