Windows 10: "Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows

Discus and support "Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer is a custom built gaming pc, with 8GB of DDR4 RAM installed, and when the system is started up, the RAM usage is already at 60-90 percent,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by startstarstar, Dec 22, 2017.

1. "Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows

My computer is a custom built gaming pc, with 8GB of DDR4 RAM installed, and when the system is started up, the RAM usage is already at 60-90 percent, and whenever I open a browser, a game, or just anything in general, it is incredibly slow and the dreaded "your computer is low on memory" message appears. I find this weird, as I never got this at all when I first built the computer, only a few months ago, and now I have issues with RAM? Below I have attached task manager screenshots of the highest usage
    "Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows [​IMG]
    processes. I have tried upping the page file to 50GB and nothing happens, I have deselected all of the fancy settings and made it all catered to performance, and nothing.

:)

startstarstar, Dec 22, 2017

2. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, Dec 22, 2017
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

Almost certainly as not enough free phone memory to store maps.

aspergerguy, Dec 22, 2017
  4. "Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows

Could you post a picture like this.

And one like this.

I would also recommend letting Windows manage your memory. Including pagefile size.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 22, 2017
  5. I seem to have lowered it down to 50 percent when idle, but that is still a lot for nothing.

6. Did you set the memory back to letting Windows 10 manager the memory?

In my opinion one can't out smart Windows 10 when it come to managing memory.

Jack

7. dalchina New Member
    A couple of possibilities:
    1. Your paging file is not set up correctly.
    2. You have a memory leak - e.g. a bad driver.
    Diagnosis: see notes here... not so easy.
    Windows 10 high memory usage (unknown reason) - Super User

Using this:
    Troubleshooting Pool Leaks Part 1 Ntdebugging Blog

When the performance problem is being experienced, stop collecting data:
    Admin command prompt:
    Logman.exe stop PerfLog-Long

Troubleshooting Pool Leaks Part 2 Ntdebugging Blog

Troubleshooting Pool Leaks Part 3 Ntdebugging Blog

Troubleshooting Pool Leaks Part 7 Ntdebugging Blog

dalchina, Dec 22, 2017
  8. Bat 1 Win User

"Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows

Have you scanned with Defender, Superantispyware and Malwarebyes ?

Bat 1, Dec 22, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    I'd favour '1.' - I've only ever seen 'Your computer is low on memory' when I've deliberately set 'Virtual Memory' to 'no paging file'. 'System managed size' works best.

10. System manage size has always worked better for me on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Jack

11. A lot of stuff to reply to, so lets get it started.
    Set PF to system managed, restarted, and tested for about 15 minutes to see if anything happened, and the average percentage of memory usage was around 50% with Microsoft edge open. I scanned a long time ago when this started happenening and I scanned again today with Malwarebytes and it found no threats. I tried to look for drivers from my manufacturer and I found nothing. any ideas?

12. Bree New Member
    You looking at this with Task Manager's Performance tab? That sounds about right.

Memory management is a complex subject, the headline 'around 50%' figure you see is just the Committed memory. My 4GB system currently shows 46% Committed, but if I hover the mouse over the 'Memory composition' bar I see at least as much again is 'Standby' and at the very end of the bar there's just 289MB that's truly 'Free'. More about Virtual Address Space here....

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

With a system managed pagefile in use I've never seen Committed memory go much over 60% but that doesn't mean the other 40% wasn't being used, it just wasn't Committed.

13. "Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows

I tried swapping around the RAM slots but nothing seems to do anything

14. Don't know if this means anything, but the committed memory is 23/23 and usage is now at 7.1GB with nothing running (except performance monitor and tskmgr)

startstarstar, Dec 23, 2017
  15. zinou Win User
    It become obvious that's a memory leak problem. there are tools to diagnose that as others highlighted previously.I prefer to use Windows Performance Toolkit, you can download here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...d/adk-install- Start Windows Performance Recorder and record a trace for 5 min to 10 min (to collect the max of data) with these values Article not found with us your trace file and we will analyze it.

zinou, Dec 23, 2017
Thema:

"Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows

1. "Your computer is low on memory" mesage on windows - Similar Threads - computer low memory

2. Windows Development for Low Memory Computers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Development for Low Memory Computers: These computers are still being built and sold in Walmart and many developping countries need them.further as a participant in the development of NetZero without confirming the actual environmental impact we are supposedly in a climate emergency and it would make sense that...
  3. Your computer is low on memory in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Your computer is low on memory in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]RAM stands for Random Access Memory. It is a volatile memory that stores the data calculated by the CPU. This data is required by programs to show the results as per the commands entered by the users. RAM is an essential hardware component in computers. All the...
  4. memory low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  5. memory low

memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  6. "Your device is running low on memory" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your device is running low on memory" error: [ATTACH] I updated to Windows 2004 around 2 weeks ago and that made my computer super slow, so I formatted my whole HDD and reinstalled Windows. I did not have any issues whatsoever before updating and I have never had issues with any of the previous updates or Windows 10...
  7. Your Device is low on memory problem.

Your Device is low on memory problem.: Hiya Im having a problem with windows 10 where every now and again when i use task manager its stuck on a screen saying "Your Device is low on memory" Now i have 16GB RAM and it says this when its only taking up 10%-30% Is there a way to fix this issue? I use task manager...
  8. "Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs: Catalyst Control...

"Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs: Catalyst Control...: "Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs: Catalyst Control Center: Host application" Can anyone help? [IMG]...
  9. low on memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low on memory: my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-memory/0d2b9a02-e861-4815-a0ec-8bc68480ebb8"
  10. Windows is low on memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is low on memory: There's something weird going on with my memory. I haven't updated my computer or anything recently, but yesterday everything was fine, and then this morning when I woke up my computer the start screen displayed yesterday's date and was playing some sort of strange music...