Windows 10: "Your connection is not private" Help

Discus and support "Your connection is not private" Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, when i try to use a search engine, youtube or gmail, that message pops up and i can't do anything, i tried switching to edge, switching browsers, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blaxpy, Dec 4, 2020.

1. /u/Blaxpy Win User

"Your connection is not private" Help

Hi, when i try to use a search engine, youtube or gmail, that message pops up and i can't do anything, i tried switching to edge, switching browsers, i cleared with cmd netsh int ip, winsock, flushdns, changed dns and reseted network adapter, none worked.

submitted by /u/Blaxpy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Blaxpy, Dec 4, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 4, 2020
  3. private connection

Hi,

You can customize your Network connection to either Public or Private network. To set your network connection to Private, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, and then select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, select internet connection you are using (ex: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, etc.).
    • Click the network name that you are currently connected to.
    • Under Network window, enable Make this PC discoverable button.

"Your connection is not private" Help 01ac483c-a3a0-4fbe-8a73-e02e8fe69afa.png

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to use.

Monica Cam, Dec 4, 2020
  4. "Your connection is not private" Help

Error: "Can create home group in private network only" - the wireless network is private though

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to HomeGroup network with error: Can create home group in private network only, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to settings in the Network type on Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the network type on Windows 10, try the below:

Right click on the Network icon in the System tray
    and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.

Here you will see the network you are connected to and what type of network Windows 10 has identified it as. (Private/ Public).

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to change the network type to Private if it is not and check if it helps.

• Log-in as an Administrator, on the desktop, click on the Network system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • Right click on your network connection and click on
      Turn sharing on or off
    • Click on Yes, turn on sharing and connect to devices.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt and check if it helps.

For reference: HomeGroup problems in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

"Your connection is not private" Help

1. "Your connection is not private" Help - Similar Threads - connection private Help

2. Your connection is not private

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your connection is not private: every time i click on any website, i get this message constantly recently, so what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/18d5f7a0-4920-4295-a5bb-5f7f7f95a574
  3. Your connection is not private

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your connection is not private: every time i click on any website, i get this message constantly recently, so what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/18d5f7a0-4920-4295-a5bb-5f7f7f95a574
  4. Your Connection isn't private

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your Connection isn't private: I am having problems login on to sites that I had no problem with before and it has gotten worst. Each time I try to open a site it privacy error message saying that my connection isn't private and not security. I do not understand why this is happening. Can I get some help...
  5. Your Connection isn't private

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Connection isn't private: I am having problems login on to sites that I had no problem with before and it has gotten worst. Each time I try to open a site it privacy error message saying that my connection isn't private and not security. I do not understand why this is happening. Can I get some help...
  6. Your Connection is not private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your Connection is not private: I took this message on my android phone and windows 10 pc a couple of times. Your Connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.com for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards. www.google.com normally uses encryption...
  7. Your connection is not private

Your connection is not private: Hola, tengo un error en cualquier navegador que use al intentar entrar a google.com, el cual dice "Your connection is not private" Me pasa en cualquier navegador, desde Brave mi navegador predeterminado, Chrome y Edge. Ya intente los comandos ipconfig /release, /renew y...
  8. your connection is not private

your connection is not private: why am I receiving a message that says [your connection is not private? How do I remove it? *Moved from Virus and Malware forum* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/d973a8a2-cb20-42be-8a7a-8f58e8dcc545
  9. your connection is not private

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    your connection is not private: why am I receiving a message that says [your connection is not private? How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/d973a8a2-cb20-42be-8a7a-8f58e8dcc545
  10. "Your connection is not private"

"Your connection is not private": I keep getting this error with almost every website I go to, Google, Reddit, Facebook, etc. "Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from Google (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)....