Windows 10: Your connection is not secure

Discus and support Your connection is not secure in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi guys, my granddaughter has this popping up everywhere she try's to go outside of Firefox ! It will open FF and IE fine but if she try's to go to any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by flashh4, Mar 17, 2016.

1. flashh4 Win User

Your connection is not secure

Hi guys, my granddaughter has this popping up everywhere she try's to go outside of Firefox ! It will open FF and IE fine but if she try's to go to any other site this message pops up !! We were trying to open Google, like i said every site gives this message. We checked the clock & date, they are correct !! Now i am lost, any ideas of what to try would be appreciated very much ! She doesn't use her computer much so it may be awhile before i get back with an answer for you !!
    Thanks

The owner of Google has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

Forgot to mention that everything works fine in "Safe Mode with networking"

:)

flashh4, Mar 17, 2016
  2. DVSMSC Win User

I recently tried to set up Win 10 to log in with MS Account Password, as recommended for re-installation procedures. During attempt I was somehow required to reset my password (I don't remember why) which seemed to work okay, but was informed I would have
    to wait 30 days to receive a security code. Today I received a text message informing me "wait is over and a security info for De*****@ v******.net was replaced. Review at URL https://account.live/p. When attempting to go to site I get back (from ALL browsers)
    "Your connection is not secure"

The owner of www.accounts.live has configured their website improperly.

So, what now??

Your connection is not secure [​IMG]

DVSMSC, Mar 17, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User

I see a similar message. I tried adding .com at the end (https://account.live.com) and it goes to my account MS website. Try doing the same for now. I can't imagine why .com is missing in the text message.

neilpzz, Mar 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, just a quick comment as I've not seen this and a quick search on this site indicates this error message has not been reported here before, but it is reported on the internet.

If you search for either of the two larger paragraphs of the message generally, you will find discussions on it which may help you. As I've not encountered this, maybe someone else will come along and help you.

Tech-ish discussion here:
    firefox - Facebook.com returning invalid security certificate - Super User

I've looked at some of the search results and there's not immediately a clear answer.

This older post suggests a link with the user's AV - which are you using?
    certificate error in Firefox in Yahoo and Google. - Kaspersky Lab Forum

dalchina, Mar 17, 2016
  5. flashh4 Win User
    Thanks dalchina, thanks for you reply. I have googled & read for hours on end & tried almost everything out there with no luck !! Hey Brink have you any advise ?? Or any other people ??
    I checked her computer & everything is up to date, even newest versons of FF, Avg (Antivirus) is shut off

Thanks

flashh4, Mar 17, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, some have found that their browser is set up to use a proxy. For example, Kaspersky when configured to scan SSL.
    (Ok, you use AVG).

I would check your browser's proxy settings and make sure it is set to
    "auto detect proxy settings for this network"

Note that in Safe Mode with Nwkg of course your AV is not running.

That gives a big clue: so another diagnostic route you can take is from a clean boot:
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Mar 17, 2016
  7. flashh4 Win User
    dalchina Yep it's set right !!
    Thanks

flashh4, Mar 17, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi- try the clean boot approach above- adding this post so you're notified..

dalchina, Mar 17, 2016
  9. flashh4 Win User
    Dalchina your post shook my memory a bit, just realized she has W7 or 8 because while i was working her computer a windows pop-up that said up-date to W10. So if i can get out of FF or IE i will update to W10 for her ! Maybe i better post this over on the W7 or 8 forums ..... sorry for the confusion on the operating system !!

Thanks for trying !!

flashh4, Mar 17, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    I would fix the problem first.. if you're unlucky you'll have more problems if you upgrade to '10. And before you upgrade to '10 make sure you have a current disk image and a boot disk for the imaging program ready.

When you do upgrade, make sure you'll have Win 10 drivers available - the laptop is compatible- and download and create bootable install medium rather than using the download. That way it's ready to
    a. upgrade other PCs
    b. ready for a 2nd attempt if needed
    c. available should you wish to do a in-place upgrade repair install (great repair technique).

dalchina, Mar 17, 2016
  11. flashh4 Win User
    Oh yeah i'm still looking for a fix before i up-grade her computer. I will try the clean boot approach tonight when she gets home !! She lives in OK. and i Live in Wyoming so i have to do a remote to control her computer !!
    I will let ya know how we make out as soon as i can get to her !!

Thanks

flashh4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Your connection is not secure - Similar Threads - connection secure

2. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  3. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  4. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  5. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  6. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  7. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  9. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  10. Second Screen Error "Can't show protected content. Connection is not secure." Please help fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Screen Error "Can't show protected content. Connection is not secure." Please help fix.: I'm trying to use my tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+ as a second screen using the second screen feature. It used to work just fine but now my tablet shows a completely black screen with the cursor still able to move. It says "can't show protected content. Connection is not...